Chapter 32

McKenna's POV  

It had been two weeks since we had gotten out and adjusting to not have a constant death threat over my head was a little difficult. I still had very realistic nightmares that left me shaking, sweaty, and unable to go back to sleep. I still jumped at every loud bang and movement in the corner of my eye. I still felt trapped. But it was getting better, easier.  

Charlie, on the other hand, was a different story. Going through what she did was as much as she could handle but seeing what she did had sent her over the edge. It took her a full two days to even speak a word and even then all she wanted to do was be alone and cry. I didn't blame her though.  

I wish I could do something for her but I couldn't. All I could do was be a shoulder to cry on and a listening ear. We were actually rooming together. Ever since what happened to Charlie we were put into rooms next to each other with police outside our doors. Zayn and Niall were to our right, Liam and Louis to the left, and Harry alone on the other side of them.  

I heard one of the policemen's radio go off as I shifted around in the scratchy sheets. I missed my bed. At least I had my pillow from home. My mother had brought it when her and dad had flown out here. I was overwhelmingly happy to have them back. I thought I'd never see them again.  

Currently, they were at their hotel room getting some rest. Mom and Dad had been at my bedside since the plane touched down and I had finally convinced them to lay down. I had also been video chatting with my family from back home; grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and friends. We weren't the wealthiest so even flying Mom and Dad in would hurt us. But I was glad non the less that they were here.  

Wanting to go see Niall, I got out of bed and trudged to the doorway.  

"Need anything?" I asked Charlie.  

She shook her head silently.  

"Okay" I sighed, wishing there was something I could do for her. I went into Niall room where him and Zayn were laughing.  

When Niall saw me, he instantly smiled and patted the side of his bed, inviting me over.  

"Hey McKenna, how you feeling today?" He asked.  

"Good" I smiled back "How about you?" 

"Much better with my family down here. They just got in last night. I'd really like you to meet them" I instantly felt really nervous. The usual questions floated through my mind; what if I made a bad impression? What if they don't like me?  

"Don't worry, they will love you" Niall comforted, seeing me anxiously biting at my lip. I nodded, knowing he was right. Why reason did they have to dislike me?  

"Where are they?" I asked.  

"In the cafeteria getting something to eat" he replied "they should be back any second" 

Niall had already met my parents because they had flown in quicker. Niall's parents were further away and the news of our reappearance didn't get to them quite as fast.  

The meet had been wonderful. Niall, being the perfect gentleman that he is, got rid of any doubts my parents might have had. I did, after all, meet Niall while being kidnaped. But he had charmed his was into their affections and they were now putty in his hands. Also, I think my parents were glad I was finally getting over Leo. I had told them months after he had moved what had really been going on. They were crushed by the fact that it had happened and the fact that I hadn't come to them as soon as I suspected something was wrong. I know now that it was a stupid choice to keep that secret. But Niall didn't know about Leo. Should I tell him?