Chapter 8

Charlotte's POV 

I glanced at my watch; 3:56 am. I yawned and stretched out of the cott next to Harry's. The drugs had finally worn off around two in the morning. I couldn't recall most of what happened but judging by the shape Harry was in, I had tried to help him.  

I took the melted ice bags off his back and went upstairs. I added more ice to the bag and filled the trays only to return to the basement. I soaked the strips in the now rose coloured water and placed then back on the wounds.  

I went into the bathroom after I finished and splashed cool water on my face. It was difficult to move and my torso was very sore. Shooting pains ran through my body with every movement I made.  

I looked down from the dark circles under my eyes, split lip, and fresh bruises on my face to my torso. I lifted my shirt up to see very big bruises. It seemed as though someone had kicked me repeatedly in the ribs. I poked a bruise and winced as it faded to white and back to an amethyst colour. Now that I knew it was there and the drugs were out of my system, every breath I took was laboured and painful.  

I dropped my shirt and shuffled back out.  

"Charlotte?" Harry groaned. I went up to him and crouched next to him, getting down to eye level.  

"Harry, I'm so glad you're alright" I whispered, "I'm so sorry. I tried to help you but everything got confusing! You shouldn't of done that! I would have been perfectly fine taking it-" 

"Charlotte, I'm glad I did it. I don't want to ever see you hurt" He told me. A tear dripped down my face and brushed it away with his thumb.  

"Will you help me up?" He mumbled. I nodded, took the ice bags off, and helped him sit up. He pulled me down so that I was sitting next to him and took my hand.  

I flinched and he examined the cuts. I hadn't had time to wash up so my arm was still red with dried blood.  

"Do they hurt?" He asked  

I shook my head. In truth, they stung a little but it was bearable.  

"How are you feeling?" I asked him.  

"I've seen better days" He chuckled. 

"I'm sorry. I was really out if it when I...helped you" I apologized.  

"You did help me" Harry assured me "Thank you. Speaking of which, are you any better now? You said some interesting things to me" 

"Excuse me?" I asked, confused.  

"You were talking to me a while ago" Harry's amused side grin made me very nervous as to what I might of said.  

"What did I say?" I cried.  

"You love my eyes" His grin grew wider "And apparently you have a thing for curly haired guys" 

"Oh my god" I murmured, hiding my face in my hands. How could I have said such things and to Harry of all people! 

"No, don't be embarrassed. It was quite flattering" Harry assured me.  

"I'm sorry" I said into my hands.  

"Stop apologizing" He told me.  

"I'm so embarrassed! Did I say anything else?" Did I want to know the answer? 

"You miss your family" Harry's smile faltered.   

I stopped. I hadn't thought about my family since I got here. I missed them terribly and if I thought about them I would cry. Would I see them again?