Chapter 26

Claire's POV

I sat on the couch with my arms wrapped around my knees. My teeth chattered and my breath came out in white, frosty wisps that looked like smoke. As much as I didn't like the cold, I took comfort in the fact that we now had a chance to get out.

Someone walked in and I looked up only to get blasted with more cold air that made me shiver harder.

"Hey Liam" I mumbled. He sat down next to me and put his arms around himself.

"Hey Claire" he still managed to flash me a smile that made me melt a little. Why was I feeling like this? I barley knew him and yet I felt like we were very similar. He did save my life after all. If he hadn't stopped for me, I don't know where I'd be or what shape I would be in.

"How cold do you suppose it is in here?" He asked, rubbing his arms.

"I couldn't tell you" I answered.

"You know...." He began, his cheeks growing pink.

"What?" I encouraged.

"Nothing" he shook his head.

"Please tell me" I pleaded. Liam seemed very bashful.

"W-well I was thinking we could help keep each other warm" he stuttered. My heart fluttered at the suggestion.

"Yeah, I'd like that" I replied and we snuggled into each other. I felt so safe, so protected in Liam's arms. His body heat helped me to relax.

"This is a lot better" He commented.

"Yeah" i agreed.

"What would you do right now if you were back home?" Liam asked.

"I would get a slice of pie with my mom at this little out of the way dinner we always went to. I would get the huckleberry and she would get strawberry" I remembered.

"I love pie" he chuckled.

"What would you be doing?"

Liam shrugged "Chilling with the lads"

"What do you guys normally do together?" I asked.

"Video games, movies, and we sing a lot" I pulled back, surprised, to look up at him.

"You guys sing?"

Liam laughed "Yeah"

"I'd love to hear you" I hinted.

"I don't know. I may be too cold to sing right now" he teased.

"Excuses!" I scoffed "Please? Just a few bars?" He pursed his lips, pretending to think. I batted my eyes, pleading silently.

"Fine" he have in with a grin. He sang, as I suggested, a few bars of a song I didn't recognize. But I didn't care; I could listen to it for hours. His voice was breathtaking. Its rough and silky smooth components merged together perfectly to make a beautiful harmony.

"You have a wonderful voice" I said, memorized "Have you considered a career in music?"

"Yeah, actually, I have. We were all going to audition for the XFactor before all this" Liam told me.

"You would have had my vote" I smiled.

Liam took my hand and squeezed it.

"Thank you Claire. That means a lot" he brought my hands up to his mouth and blew on them a few times.

"Thank you" I sighed, getting feeling back in my fingers.

"What do you want to do for a career?" Liam asked me.