Chapter 43

A/N The italics are a past conversation

Chalotte's POV

"Are you sure you're okay?" Harry fussed, glancing between me and the road with a worried expression. 

"I'm fine," I assured him. We were now returning home from the doctors. I woke up this morning with a persistent, pounding headache. I hadn't felt this kind of pain since I was in the hospital after we got rescued. I really didn't want to go back to the hospital but I couldn't cover up the pain enough to convince Harry that I just needed sleep. As I has assumed, the Doctor told me it was due to the head trauma I had suffered and gave me some pain medication to help. 

I tried not to think about what happened that left me with a lump in my throat and a pain in my chest. 

" 'Mam, it seems we need to update your contact information," The nurse told me, sitting at the desk with her long nails poised over the keyboard, ready to type in my new information. I gave it to her my new phone number, adress, and postal code in a hushed voice while Harry intertwined his fingers with mine. 

"And I have here a Dave and Moira Palmer as your emergancy contact. Has that changed?" I clenched my teeth together, hard. My eyes and throat felt dry but I ignored it and the pain rising in my chest. 

"Yes," I'd answered evenly. Who could I name now as my emergency contact and the person who would make my medical decisions for me if I wasn't able to?

The woman raised her eyebrows, wanting me to continue but I had nothing to say. 

"Would you like me to be?" Harry offered, noticing my silence. I squeezed his hand and sent him a tight, thankful smile as he gave the woman his information. 

Things were better between me and Harry. It had been a week since I had, once again, left the apartment. Although I was still a little upset that Harry, although he denies it, doesn't believe me that I was attacked again. But we were working through it, thankfully. I don't know what I would do without Harry. 

"I don't know about you, but I don't feel like sitting at home today," I said carefully, judging his reaction from the corner of my eye. 

"Shouldn't you sleep?" He argued. 

"That's all I do," I whined, "I've been here for over two weeks and I've hardly seen any of the city" I leaned my head back against the seat and stared at him with pleading eyes. 

I could see a small smile playing on his lips and I knew I had won, "And what would you like to do?"

"I don't care," I shrugged, "Anything you want"

"We could just take a walk and see if there's anything around you want to do?" Harry suggested. 

"Perfect," I agreed, loving the idea of spending some alone time with Harry. He pulled up onto his driveway and we got out. 

"I'm just going to go change," I told him, not liking the smell of hospital on my clothes. Harry nodded and leaned against the car, waiting patiently for me. I went into the house quickly and changed into some skinny jeans and a dark blue t-shirt that showed my curves nicely and a black jacket. I walked back out of the house, eager to start our spontaneous adventure. Harry smiled at the sight of me and reached out his hand, which I took gladly. 

Then we walked, leisurely strolling with no destination in mind. We just took a break from everything and lived in our own little, perfect world. 

"I love this weather," I murmured, "Not too hot or cold" Harry nodded his head in agreement as we turned the corner, passing shops here and there. Harry pointed out his favourites, places that brought back memories.