Chapter 11

I couldn't help the ear slitting scream that would make people in another country wince. I was just so terrified!  

A hand snaked around my mouth and silenced me.  

"Charlotte, it's just me" I heard Zayn say. I tried to catch my breath.  

"Sorry. Was anyone hurt?" I whispered urgently.  

"I've seen everyone and they are alright" He told me. The queasiness in my stomach let up a bit at the reassurance that everyone was alright. 

"Where's Harry?" Zayn asked.  

"Hidden downstairs. He insisted I come check on you guys" I said.  

"What's with the lights?" 

"Must be them messing with us. Psychological as well as physical torture I guess. Don't tell me this didn't scared you half to death" I explained. 

The lights flashed on. We had power again.  

"What about the gunshot?" He asked. Everyone trailed in.  

"Let's go look?" Louis suggested.  

We all squished into the room and I could see the two bullet holes in the wall. It was a miracle no one was hit by then. The gun was set on the dresser, made to shoot by some sort of machine.  

Louis pulled at the gun and checked the barrel.  

"No more bullets loaded" He said. So it was only meant to shoot twice.  

"I'm going to see Harry" I said and got out.  

"Harry!" I yelled, so he doesn't hit me with anything mistaking me for someone else as I came down the stairs.  

"Yeah" He groaned from the bathroom.  

"Everyone's alright" I announced. I entered the bathroom and helped him back to the bed.  

"What about the shots?" He asked.  

"It was set to go off twice. I don't know how it was set off" 

"But you screamed?" He pressed.  

"I scared myself" I said sheepishly.  

"I tried to come for you but I couldn't make it past the sink" Harry told me.  

I blushed "Thanks for trying but you're in no condition to go anywhere" 

"Are you sure there is no one up there?" He persisted.  

"Yes. It's only us" I assured him "Now you need to rest. This stress isn't good in addition to the blood loss you suffered. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere. Please sleep" I ordered.  

"But-" 

"No buts! Doctors orders!" I said, using his joke against him.  

I could see him internally debating it. 

I put my hand on his and pleaded with him with my eyes.  

He finally nodded, settling down.  

"Have a good sleep Harry" I could already see his eyelids drooping.  

I glanced at my watch; 6:30am. Ew. I heard footsteps so I looked up to see everyone clutching their blankets and pillows.  

"We thought it be safer to sleep as a group tonight" Liam said.  

"Yeah I agree" I murmured. They shuffled in and got comfortable.  

I went upstairs and into my room to grab my own blankets and pillows when I got the feeling like I wasn't alone again.