granting wishes

THIRD PERSON

 Dylan and Y/N lie on the couch of his trailer, sleeping soundlessly. Both exhausted from their days. 

    Dylan had just spent 10 hours filming for the new season, getting in as much time as he could to spend time with his girl. And Y/N has just ridden a plane to see Dylan, jet-lag slapping her across the face. Nonetheless, they were with each other, and that's all that mattered to them.

      It was at this moment that Morgan had gotten the tweet.

  "FanWishesGranted: I wanna see Dylan O'Brien sleeping!"

    The camera crew turned on the live cameras and quietly paraded towards Dylan's trailer. Morgan knew Dylan had gone to his trailer to nap, but not that Y/N had visited. He knew about their secret relationship. They had both mutually agreed they weren't ready for the public to know quite yet.

   As they creeped up, Morgan guided the crew through the trailer door and followed behind them, closing the door behind him.

   "Hey, I- I don't think. . ." A camera man began to protest as he held the live camera, but Morgan wasn't paying attention as he shouted the words.

    "Wish granted!"

   Dylan jumped at the noise, waking up. He felt the familiar body in his arms and as his mind came to focus, he furrowed his eyebrows at the three cameras and a now embarrassed- looking Morgan.

   "What. . ." Y/N mumbled in her daze, just now waking up at Dylan's movement. Dylan unwrapped his arms and sat up on the couch, fitting the pieces together in his sleepy brain.

   "Wha- You brought cameras into my trailer? What the hell?" He spoke out loud, becoming slightly angry. These were live cameras. They'd just been out-ed.

    "Hey, Dylan, we're sorry. We didn't know-"

 "No, get out. I need- I don't want theses cameras in here. C'mon, go. . ." Dylan began pointing to the door, standing up. He ushered the crew out of the door, all of them feeling extremely guilty they'd just forced their relationship out onto the public with out their permission.

   "What's going on. . .?" Y/N spoke in a tired mess, rubbing her eyes tiredly. She watched as one person was escorted out of the door and a slightly pissed off Dylan slamming the door shut. He sighed and paced his hand on his forehead, rubbing his temples with his fingers.

   "Morgan had cameras, Y/N. Live cameras. In here." He stated, giving Y/N the rundown.

       "Oh." Was all Y/N could mutter out as she sat in thought.

   "Oh? We've just been released out to everyone and all you can say is 'oh'?" Dylan scoffed, moving to stand in front of her.

   "Well,  maybe we needed this. We've been too scared of the public to give out that we're dating and now- now we have to deal with it being out there." Y/N shrugged, trying to put an optimist look on it. But by the look on Dylan's face, they weren't seeing eye-to-eye.

   "Y/N, I don't think you understand what just happened. The relationship, us, our relationship- that has been secretly kept to us and our closest- is out. Everyone knows about us now!" Dylan raised his voice, startling Y/N.

   "I mean, it was going to come out eventually, Dylan, right?" Y/N said, more cautious with her words. Did he not want to be out to the public at all? Why was he so worried about this?

   "I mean- I want it to be on our terms! Now, we were just blindsided!" He scoffed, waving his hand to the trailer door.

   "Well, when would you have rather done it?" Y/N asked, slightly unnerved at the fact of how angry Dylan was that their relationship was public now. He's making it sound like he didn't want it out at all. . .

  "I- I don't know!" Dylan exhaled an aggravated breath. "Not anytime soon."

  "Would you have done it at all?" Y/N wondered. She hated asking the question, but the nagging voice that was always in the back of her head reminded her she wasn't like him. He may just want his normal non-actress girlfriend behind the scenes.

   "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Dylan sighed, his throat exhausted and still, tired.

 "I'm just- Dylan, I can't help but think you're hiding me. We've been dating for seven months and I just feel it's time, maybe? But you can't get over how angry you are about it to see if you want anyone to know about us!" Y/N shrugged, furious now. The more she argued her point, the more validation she saw in her opinion.

   "Y/N, why would you even think like that?" Dylan asked, his heart panged. Did he really make her feel like that? Like he wanted her to be some dirty, little secret.

   "Dylan, can you blame me? I love you, so much. How can I know you feel the same when you want no one to know about us?" Y/N responded. Dylan kept silent, hearing her out.

   "It's- it's not that, okay? I just don't want them to ruin it. I want to protect you from the hate comments, the paparazzi that will crowd us when we go out, the loss of privacy because everyone knows you and wants to ask you questions." He speeched, looking deeply to Y/N's eyes. She held his gaze, feeling shit for blaming him for hiding her for all the wrong reasons.

  "Dylan, I-"

 "No, no. Y/N, I did all this to keep you from getting hurt and, and I was the one that did it. I, never, wanted you to feel like I was hiding you. Or anything like that. Okay, I love you. I'll always love you. And now, now I can show everybody that."

    Y/N smiled, not being able to help the huge  blush. As Dylan raised his arms out for a hug, she instantly ran into his hold. He chuckled as he stumbled back slightly, but hugged her tightly back.

  "I'm sorry I got angry. . ." Dylan mumbled in her hair. She smiled and sighed, responding.

"I'm sorry I accused you of wanting to hide me. . ." Y/N apologized.

   "Now it's time to flaunt you." Dylan smirked as he trailed one hand down, giving one cheek a quick squeeze, making her squeal in surprise.

   "Dylan!"

   "I love you."