im not drunk

this is for @CharmedWords

  Lulu's POV

    Premier parties.

They had it all; the celebrities, the snacks, the drinks, even the music was high-class.

I felt extremely out of my comfort zone being here, but Dylan was the main actor and it seemed appropriate that his girlfriend should be here with him.

Even though I'd lost him a while ago.

I didn't know anyone. Well, I knew them all from movies and shows but I didn't know them all on a personal level.

So I sat at the bar, sipping at my drink slowly, waiting for the night to end.

How long do these things even last?

I stared down at my heels, death traps more likely to be called. They were very nice. Very tall.

"Hey." I heard a voice, causing my head to snap up.

I sighed in relief to see Thomas Sangster, someone I'd actually come to know from The Maze Runner.

"Hey." I sighed, watching him sit next to me.

"You look like you're having loads of fun." He chuckled, his British accent running through my ears.

"Oh yeah." I laughed, nodding my head.

"Where's Dylan?" He asked, looking around.

"Hell if I know. He's been gone awhile." I shrugged, taking another sip. Thomas quirked an eyebrow.

"So you let Dylan- roam freely... at a place where they have alcohol." He stated, reminding me.

"Should I not have?" I asked, smiling. He shrugged, raising his hands.

"I guess it depends what kind of drunk he is." He laughed. I laughed along with him, shaking my head.

On cue, Dylan stumbled up next to me, an unhappy expression on his face.

"Can I talk to my girlfriend? Alone." He spoke, staring down Thomas.

Thomas nodded politely, saying a goodbye to both of us. Dylan took his seat, leaning his elbow on the bar.

"Why were you talking to him?" He frowned.

"Because Thomas is our friend. And he kept me company." I explained. He huffed.

"I can keep you company." He argued. I let out a small chuckle.

"Not when you drink like this."

"I'm not drunk. I had a few drinks but I am not drunk." He stated, waving his finger at me.

"Okay, Dyl. Whatever you say." I sighed.

"Maybe I am. I'm sorry. A lot of people were trying to talk to me so I got a little stressed." He gave in.

"It's okay. I'm not your mother." I said, grabbing his hands. He took mine, intertwining our fingers.

"You are my girlfriend though. And I should be here with you. So come on. Let's go dance." He said, getting off his chair and dragging me off mine.

"Dyl why are we-"

He shushed me, before putting my hands on his shoulders and dropping his own hands to my waist.

"Just dance with me." He sighed, pushing me closer to him.

I laughed and shook my head as we swayed in the middle of the crowd of other dancing people.

"This is ridiculous." I smiled, putting my forehead on his shoulder. He kissed the side of my head before completely wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You love it." He told me. I chuckled.

"Yeah- I guess I do."