i promised i would (dave)

**warning:i think this is one of my faves I want a Dave**

Y/N POV

My friend Dave has called me over, only saying it was life or death and then he hung up.

Naturally, someone should freak out. But he's done this so many times, I'm tempted just to stay home.

But I go, I'm in my car pulling in his driveway.

I walk up to the door and before I can even meet my fist to the door, Dave opens it.

He looks extremely nervous as well as excited.

"What's it this time?" I said as he pulled me in. He ran into his kitchen and back in the living room, handing me an envelope.

  I read the label and it was from the university in New York that Dave had applied to.

"Did you get in?!" I squealed. He grabbed it from my hands and shook his head.

  "It came this morning. I wanted you to be here when I opened it." He shrugged as if it was obvious.

  My heart swelled that he wanted me to be here but the anxiety was eating away at me.

  And it wasn't even for me.

"Open it!" I hurried, jumping up and down in place.

He quickly ripped at the fold, not even trying to be careful. He threw the envelope on the ground and unfolded the paper inside.

His eyes frantically moved left to right as he read the letter.

He slowly looked up at me, suddenly serious.

"What?" I said, calming down. His mouth gaped open, barely speaking words.

"I got in." He said, almost like a question.

"You got in?!" I yelled, confirming.

"I got in!" He yelled, finally registering it.

I screamed and jumped into him, wrapping my arms around him tighter than ever. He did the same, lifting me from the ground and twirling.

  He finally set me down, breathing heavily from all the celebrating.

  "Dave, I told you you'd get in!" I said, slapping his shoulder.

"Yeah. You did." He smiled.

"Oh my god! Call your mom! Tell her!" I yelled. His smile grew as he drew his phone from his pocket, dialing his moms number.

  He walked around as he talked to her, pacing in the same 3 feet of carpet. I could hear his moms squeals from next to him.

He smiled and thanked her.

His face changed as his mom talked and his face went red.

"Yeah. I will. Don't worry." He nodded into the phone before saying bye.

"We have to celebrate!" I exclaimed.

"What- like go out and celebrate?" He said, confused.

"Yes! We could go to that restaurant that you and Stella love so much. Or! Or, I could make that lasagna that your mom constantly wants the recipe to." I continued, slightly laughing.

"No. I think- I think I just wanna stay in." He shrugged.

"Dave. You just got into your freakin' dream college and you don't want to go and celebrate that?" I questioned. He pondered for a bit.

"Well, there was one thing I promised myself I'd do if I got in." He suggested, digging his hands in his pockets. I got excited.

"Aw! Great! Anything, let's go do it-"

  Next thing I know, Dave's lips are on mine. My eyebrows raise in surprise as I move my lips.

  Dave's hand leave his pockets and put themselves gently on my lower back, pressing me into him. I put my hands into his hair, running them through it while I pulled him in.

  We broke apart, but our lips still stayed touching.

He pushed his lips back on mine and continued kissing me. We resumed to what we'd been doing, but God knows how long we were doing it cause soon I hear the front door open.

"Dave! I'm so proud of you!" His mom shouts, running to him and hugging him when I back away.

Dave's face has to be 3 shades redder than mine.

"Thanks mom, I can't believe I actually got in." He smiled, remembering.

"Well yes, I am happy about that." She said, releasing him. She looked at me and smiled.

"But I was talking about what I just walked in on." She smirked.

Dave's mouth opened and closed looking for an excuse.

"I know you'll do great at university but keeping this girl is another story. Anybody would be lucky to have her." She lectures at her son. I blush at his moms compliment.

"I know." He said, staring straight at me."

"You let me know if he ever causes trouble, I'll knock sense into him myself." She winked at me. I let out a short laugh at Dave's expression.

"Thanks mom. Glad to know you trust me." He rolled his eyes. She kissed his cheek, before strutting into the kitchen.

"And please remember," She started. "There is still a child living in this house so if you're going to do anything do it somewhere else. And, safely."

Her voice echoed from the kitchen. I covered my face with my hands, feeling the heat radiate.

I could hear him groan, causing me to uncover my face and give him a strange look.

"You can't make a noise like that after she said that." I shook my head, ready to bust out laughing.

"Would you rather I made that noise some other time?" He smirked at me. My eyes widened and I smacked his shoulder again.

"Stop it!" I laughed. He avoided my third hit and picked me up. He laid down on the couch, keeping me in his arms next to him on our sides.

He put his cheek on mine, only turning his head once to quickly give me a peck on the cheek.

I heard a shutter noise and so did Dave, as we both turned our heads to the noise. His mom stood there, her phone held in front of her.

"Mom..." Dave whined. She rolled her eyes at him this time.

"If you're not going to capture these moments, then I will. And it's cute!" She explained. I smiled, returning my head to its previous position.

I heard her return to the kitchen and Dave put his head back.

"Hey Dave?" I asked.

"Hm." He hummed.

"Why did promise yourself that you'd kiss me- when you made it?"

"Well, it was mostly something I used against myself. But I also used it as a date. I was going to kiss you today whether or not I got in." He said, kissing the corner of my mouth.

I just smiled, then turned around to kiss him. I came face to face and pecked his lips. He laughed at me and then pecked my lips.

  I giggled before making it into a game. I kissed the tip of his nose this time.

He laughed under his breath before doing the same to my nose.

"I like this." I mumbled, smiling. He smirked at me.

"I like this." And he leaned in to my lips. I turned my head the last second and his lips met my cheek.

  I was going to laugh until he started kissing my cheek like he would my lips.

  I turned my head around, laughing.

  "What was that?" I said, still laughing.

"I had to work with what I got." He shrugged.

  I shook my head and finally put my lips to his.