Chapter 91/Resistance/I was thinking the barrier needs a theme

Joe led the way outside and shielding his heavy makeup eyes looked up. I looked in the direction and saw a contrail with two small dots falling from it. Loop and about twenty werewolf marines were standing outside. As soon as we walked out everyone was looking at Joe.

"Loop Guru man it's good to see you," said Joe smiling "Rodi you too" he added to Rodi.

"Is that you DarkZero ? I thought you died in LA" Loop said. 

"Your confusing me with Snake Plissken. don't worry I get that alot." 

Rodi approached "DarkZero- you've changed a lot man," said Rodi.

"They did a lot of surgery on me, but the good news is they didn't put my face in the middle of my sternum," said Joe looking at what part of Joe's anatomy Rodi's was staring at.

"Can I be your boy ?" said Redshirt.

"I don't know, let me ask my girlfriend," said Joe to the sound of the anguished sighs of those around.

"We better clear this area" he added.

Joe let Redshirt carry his exotic gun while he slinked up the stairs to the perimeter wall on his high heels. We got to the parapet looking out over the valley beyond when the first dot exploded into a ball of airbags. The other dot shot forward and then bloomed white as well. The second ball of airbags flew over our heads hit a large building behind us and then bounced in a shower of dust and rust into the compound behind the wall. The second one hit the metal wall bounced off and shot to land near a tree in the sea of zombies.

Joe looked back into the compound and shouted "Kayla!" and ran back down the steps. I looked out to see the distant figure of Rockwood emerging from the airbags beyond. He was immediately set upon by a number of zombies. He moved at lightning speed and did some cool kung-fu moves to knock them to the ground. He started to move faster than anyone I had seen before in my life. Soon he had run and fought his way to a space before the gates.

"You OK?" I shouted down.

Rockwood took on about twelve Zombies and deftly took each one down without triggering the mine on their bodies. Soon he was standing in a circle of downed zombies frozen in a fighting pose and looked up. You wanted to say 'oh yeah'. 

"I'm fine, can I come in?" shouted Rockwood back.

"Sure, I'll open the gates," I said while 
Rockwood using his elbow on the face of the zombie behind him without looking.

Rockwood ran at the guard tower jumped to the side pushed off from the wall and jumped again on to the platform next to me. Very Jackie Chan.

"Glad you could make it," I said to Rockwood as the zombies became more active.

I got the feeling Rockwood wanted to hug me but felt self-conscious in front of everyone.

"Yeh well I had to break a few engagements to get here, but you know I made it. Not that your special to me or anything" said Rockwood.

Yeh right.

Back in the compound, Kayla was being helped out of the airbags by Joe. They kissed in greeting.

"Parmesan vomit-ey," Kayla shouted up to me waving "yeh I get it now!"

I looked around at the soldiers and werewolf marines all looking at Kayla and Joe kissing, and feeling this was the most dreamy and worst moment of their lives. Kayla was carrying a rifle like Joe's and a briefcase. She took Joe's hand and they came up the steps.

Most of the marines around me were pointing their weapons at Rockwood.

"Brooklyn this is Captain Loop Guru. Loop this is Cyber Lord Brooklyn Rockwood. I would like it if you boys got along. By getting along, I mean no shooting, stabbing, ripping limbs of et-cet-a-ra" I said.