Chapter 70/Him/Of Shoes, Coffee and Good Morning Mr Phelps

A/N Photo super sexy shoe store by Architect Zaha Hadid. Video: Prada store by IDEO, working with Koolhaas and his architecture and research firm OMA/AMO

Wow Chapter 70, #1 in SciFi  275,000 reads and 4500 followers, Reb's brother sitting up in bed Does life get any better? RK Just discovered you can't follow more than 1000 people, our nasty habit of following anyone who voted for the book will have to end (sorry).  Good luck to next SpaceX for their return to flight launch this month.

 The Christmas Cyborg's pet roller coaster starts here, a small reminder. 

 Everyone is safely strapped in and in case you get worried, despite the ups and downs no one is going to fall off, you'll understand after the ball.

22 Seconds into the future: /Mall Of Humanity/Judas City/Washington 2.0 ( Area formally known as Nebraska)

Jenny's POV

I felt like I was the head of a long lavish, luxuriant and very ostentatious snake. I lead the way ( I was using slave nav) Master and Mr Jones followed to my sumptuous rear. Behind them was a string of six slaves all of whom were carrying luxury Tiffanies shopping bags. Together we looked like Rich Bostonians trying to do an impression of a Chinese new year dragon.

"Did you hear about the new emergency slave uprising measures they are introducing?" said Rockwood making conversation with Mr Jones.

"I only vote on issues that affect the aesthetic environment," said Mr Jones.

"Well you missed one" said Rockwood loud enough for me to hear "apparently at the first sign of a slave uprising they will automatically delete all pictures of cats so making the internet useless to humans"

"The Horror," said Mr Jones.

As far as I could tell all Robots and Cyborgs could talk and vote in the new mechanical order. Basically, it was rule by Reddit, with the CPU as the master bulletin board administrator responsible for ruthlessly implementing any dumb thing the 'house' or subedit thought up. According to Rockwood, the longest debate was over the 'Yo-Doll-how' rearrangement of the Hollywood sign that lasted over 700 milliseconds [ about 2/3rds of a second ] a record in New Mechanical Order debates. The second longest debate was about renaming all of North America as 'Mr Splashy pants' which was narrowly defeated by the final region '01' (centre) status. Apparently we were milliseconds away from the instruction for all house PRISM monitoring systems to punish any slave who didn't substitute the word'Mr Splashy pants' for any use of the word 'America' . So you would have said United States of Mr Splashy pants, The continent of South  Sur Sr. Splashy Pantalones, and talk about Mr Splashy pant-ians with disabilities. Wow near miss right? 

As we walked, I held my head up and tried not to look at all the collaborators staring at us. I was amazed at the numbers of people the new mechanical order persuaded to collaborate.

'How did you manage to get so many to idiots collaborate with your lot?' I texted Rockwood curiously. What can I say? You walk round in a cat-suit so much, curiosity starts to rub off. 

'It was quite simple we put an advert that began 'One Weird Trick to a tiny belly', anyone dumb enough to respond to that was easy to groom into being a collaborator' texted Rockwood.

'That explains why they are all as dumb as a bag of hammers' I texted back.

***

Soon Rockwood stopped us outside a Starbucks. 

"I've ordered already," said Master. "get it, please. I would like to speak to Mr Jones for second."