Chapter 86/Resistance/Cycles with wolves or do electric sheep dream of androids?

A/N Video:  This is from the Netflix series Love, Death + Robots. Episode Shape-Shifters: Which came out in 2019 a full 3 years after the previous chapter of Cyborg's pet. So you saw it here on Pet first. Just saying Hollywood ( or Netflicks ) are watching (or rather reading Pet) which is lovely. We don't seek acknowledgement ( you know, but a book deal would be nice). After all, this is the Youtube/Watsapp generation, we all share and remix what we find. Digital hugs to cassandraamay for first spotting this. Reb+RK.

2 months later.

Mark Twain National Forest/Area formally known as Missouri

Loop waved his hand and pointed his flat palm in one direction. I nodded to search out the space with my rifle. Behind us was the remains of a sentient robot tank called Gerald ( we had heard it talking to it's mom/factory on the phone while we hid nearby). Gerald's remains which would disguise our escape. Two months with the wolf boys and girls had been a worse boot camp than Slave school. I was now pretty handy with a gun, a rifle and most importantly a bow. My first five shots had been at some cans, the next five were taking down my first hunter-killer. Our trip had been long and slow. We had used every forest and every solar panel farm as cover for our movements. We had been chased across five or more states by the unicorns, pigs and fierce deadly vicious sheep. The sheep were the worst. They would not hesitate to use human shields to protect robots. The pigs would round people up and use hot barbecues to torture people. I'm not sure if it was meant to be ironic or not. 

I now knew how to read resistance markings showing supplies were hidden. It was kind of like hobo writing. Graffiti with the word 'excel' written on it marked the edge of a resistance zone, 'Everything Devo said was right' in black spray paint was a sign to a safe house to the left. 'Did you forget your underpants?'  was a safe house to the right. 'I'm dressed and out of bed what more do you want?' warned about traps. A shopping trolley placed in a certain way would direct towards buried munitions dump 100 paces away.

I  got pretty good with a bow. With arrows you could recycle your ammunition you can even make new ones. It was silent, with a small shape charge you can get past the armour of most robots. I practised everyday and was getting better and better. Half the resistance used electric guns looted from robots. With some modifications mostly installation of a trigger, an electric gun could cause a robot real damage. These needed charging but the machines left most of the power grid up, and we knew how to hack into it. 

In the distance we saw a super train approaching before us. Loop smiled, new mechanical order efficiency have played into our lap. Loop signaled to go back and get the bikes and be ready to board a train werewolf marine style.

****

Later, I lay in Loop's arms on the floor of the box car in front of the warming heat of a camping stove cooking dinner. This was my first stowaway ride in a train. I lay there relaxing using Loop's chest for a pillow. Loop was confident we were out of the unicorn's territory - apparently we were in a sleepy cyber pig zone.

"So what shall we do now weapons drill, tactical communication, how to take out a sentient farming tractor robot with a hair pin? " I said sleepily.

"I thought we could play twister, Cycles-with-Wolves" said Loop.

Cycles-with-Wolves was my 'pack' name. At first it had been Cycles-with-postal-wolves but that was too long to say, and someone had been killed by a wolf who had done postal due to a cyber implant malfunction and it seemed insensitive to use it.  

"I'm so glad you stopped calling me 'the package' " I said. "I mean I'm a package being carried by the military branch of the post office. I'm bound to be lost, misplaced or damaged in transport."