Chapter 68/Him/ Is your father a landscape or a factory Mr Jones

A/N Big hug to everyone who sent wonderful words about my bro. Things are improving it going to be a quiet but hopeful thanksgiving. Reb  - Photo Pernille Orum love the drawing style.   Video - the previous chapter mentioned the Robots using Hyperloop for travel. Yeah not SiFi. 

/Room 404/Rockwell hall/Washington 2.0

Rockwood was out doing whatever his tight abs did when they weren't around me. Mostly doing an insurance claim for the Osprey and talking to General Bismarck's insurance investigator I think.

The dress designer Mr Jones was coming later and a certain cyborg had asked me to find out if the Christian Dior make-up-printer sampler cassette was any better than the standard Toyota cassette which it normally used.

Yeh swap a makeup printer how difficult could that be? I had seen #6502 do it a couple of times. Yep that's right, little old geek girl here got through industrial quantities of foundation and they had to load new makeup ink for me. You should see what happens to my lips when we run out of magenta. I found it funny and just a bit arty. #DEC was mortified. It turns out changing the cassette it's not that simple. I managed to prick my finger on one of the staples on the box. Good thing a certain cyborg wasn't here or he might have turned into a feeding frenzy. After an hour of trying something and then having to undo it, I gave up. I was reduced to asking my collar. Naturally, it would walk me through step by step 'step 9 pull the blue sticker off. step 10 rotate by 90 degrees'. It was degrading if you tried to do anything different it would make you go back and start again.

After peeling stickers, shaking, pressing tab (A) I got the old cassette out and the new one in. As part of the change, I then tried the default face which looked fine (if you like your face covered in ever smaller patterns and lines pointing to you lips pointing out what their Pantone colour is).

Then, I had my biggest problem - the cassette came with 'free' new looks and I had to choose one. This is not my kind of thing, generally, I just wore whatever the machine forced me to wear. It's not like I want to wear this stuff in the first place. For months every decision had been taken away from me and now I felt ill-equipped to make even the simplest one. The designer of my ball dress was coming later and I wanted to find something suitable to talk to a fellow human being about. It's not like I'm super vain, this should be a simple job right?

What is it about 30,000 different choices I mean it should be better to have 30,000 choices than say 7 right? And 7 is better than 1? The problem was I became frozen with by choice. There was too much to choose from. As far as I can tell the e-slave Christian Dior makeup cassette was just a normal Christian Dior cassette but with all the subtle face styles disabled. If it didn't look like the arty love child of Boy George, Zigg Stardust and  Lady Gaga you didn't get to wear it.

I was scrolling through the Vogue inspirations but found page after page of either complete wild makeup as Art pieces or nice plain but disabled ones nothing in between.

"Mr Jones the designer will be in your room in 10 minutes<zing>" Siri told me. OK, it said 19 rels which I had to translate.

"PARC !" I said and began flicking quicker and quicker through the interface. The problem with the interface was it was like a book or magazine you could go forward or backwards but there was no index. No jumping. I was about 100 pages into the Vogue desert so I could either scroll back for 9 minutes or go forwards and hope for the best. I took a risk and went forwards. I checked with Siri 5 minutes he was in the lift somewhere. I was running out of time. If I didn't choose in time I would great this designer with a test print on my face. I found a page of ones which were nothing I would choose my self but then it made it worse I couldn't choose between. I think my time as an e-slave had zapped my choosing ability. I am a scientist! I don't know what makes me look good. Which one, which one? They are all equally bad. So I closed my eyes put my finger on the screen and then put my face to the printer.