Chapter 81/Resistance/I didn't know your caboose had suicidal tendencies

A/N Photo and Video - CV Dazzle which is make up you can use to become 'invisible' to robots/surveillance drones etc. Video same because we can get pretty nerdy. 

Wintermute is a full A.I. which means physically it's spread over multiple data centres around the world redundantly networked together any 60% of which can be removed and still be a fully functional intelligence. If you want a picture think of one of those room-filling 60's computers with spinning tapes but being feld by a network of blood in transparent tubes and listening to Richard Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen.

Wintermute's POV.

I watched the video of Araneae's body still pinned to the wall. A fully armoured war trained Hunter Killer who had already guessed the secret of her mission and so you expect was on her guard. Yet still easily stabbed by a supposedly petite human slave. If Araneae needed proof that the cyborg Rockwood was training a stealth assassin her body was her own evidence. Pity I  didn't believe the whole 'we fought bitterly while the assassin managed to force a top of the line slave to flee against her will in the RV' . Now the quarter of a million bit coins Araneae was asking for the cyborg's pet seems so small change. The assassin somehow get's a top of the line luxury personal slave to drive for at least five days before abandoning the R.V near Austin. Pity they cannot find Zola's personal slave she would be most informative. Then while the RV leads Rockwood and Zola away on a false trail, the assassin then allows Araneae to recapture her, such a master stroke. Such a shame there are no records. I could imagine the assassin sitting there, silently working on the optimal moment to escape. The fear growing in Araneae's mind as she realises what a dangerous weapon she is transporting. Once Araneae has served her purpose the girl has little trouble in disposing of the hunter killer.

She does it in such a showy way. Obviously, she's sending a message 'I have a taste for machine's blood, you're next'. Then we are expected to believe that a slave girl, without any prior training, was able to disappear leaving no foot prints behind, then avoid all kinds of surveillance systems. This is a major malfunction, no wonder Rockwood is so desperate to find her.  Araneae was dead the minute she hid her self on the Osprey.  

So what's going on - clearly the cyborg's wanted their own A.I killer. Their equivalent of a night-death cyborg killer. Rockwood trains one in secret, Zola, discovers and wants it for herself. Perhaps in struggling over their bomb, they managed to set it off. A rogue cyborg's assassin, free, able to strike at will at the New Mechanical Order. I must double my security, ... no perhaps the statement killing of Araneae was designed to make us do just that, perhaps she knows that she cannot attack me but knows a slight chink when my system is doubled. Yes, you are a most formidable opponent miss assassin. Why the huge sign, leaving no foot prints? You want me to track you but this is just baiting, for your larger trap, a trap within a trap. A trap, I will not fall into. Clearly, my optimal strategy is to be far away from you where you cannot hurt me. Still, a valuable prize one which would be very difficult to catch. She must be stopped and stopped well away from any of my data centres. If Rockwood can make one, I'm sure they will be other hyper-trained machine killers following. I need her. Like the most powerful acid I need something which can contain her. 

JENNY's POV

I'm now rescued by the US Marines, bad news the have given up on their kick-ass tanks and are on bikes, you know with peddles not like they are kind of a khaki hells angels or anything. Think of it as a highly weaponised spin class. 

"CONTACT DRONE REAR DRONE REAR" came a voice from the rear of the troop.

"Not again, break left," said Loop.

Suddenly everyone veered the trees by the road. Loop jumped off picked me  and the bike up and run behind the trees. He lay down the ground and spread what seemed like a cloak over us both. Everyone else seems to do the same.