Chapter 82/Resistance/Look who's behind the robot revolt

Outskirts of Loyalsockville 

Jenny's POV

I borrowed a bike from Private 'Whistle' and we cycled to the town. The cycling motion Loop told me wasn't seen as 'human' parameter space so the machines assumed we were some kind of machine and ignored us. We approached slowly. From my point of view it looked completely like a normal town on a Sunday morning. Then I saw a sentry sentinel machine sitting at the entrance to the town. It was basically a turret mounted gun on the ground. Its entire life choice was moving left or right and killing something hows that for a dull life.

"OK princess you drop behind me. Anything goes wrong play dead wait for Rodi."

'It's at times like these I feel so much better I'm with you rather than safely locked up in a cage' I thought.

The turret tracked our movements smoothly and precisely, but did nothing.

"Don't worry about the gun turret. It's for stopping bigger things like tanks and trucks. Most of them are out of ammunition. It's job is to take our attention away from the auto snipers on the tops of buildings, dear" said Loop aka Mr Reassurance.

"You see you know just how to reassure a girl, could I be any more freaked out?" I said.

As we did we passed a telegraph pole after telegraph pole and I noticed that stapled to it was a paper poster. It had picture of me. It had a huge wanted sign. So I was able to answer my own could I be more freaked out question with a resounding 'yes'.

REWARD

MISSING PET

SLAVE

answers to name of Jenny

Collar ID 5642, Breed: human Model: 127/c

My beloved pet 'Jenny' Last seen in this sector on 02.92.1.4 was last seen being taken away by a hunter-killer with a missing leg. Very friendly, but not very good at ending sentences respectfully. Last wearing black silicon unitard and iCollar 3.0 ( may have been removed or switched ), eyes brown like chocolate kissing gold and star light flecks. Great sentimental value and very much missed.

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION CONTACT LORD ROCKWOOD

on 059385039485304458320438230492834032948027

REWARD FOR SAFE RETURN

with my picture with the words 'have you seen this slave?' at the bottom . I was starting to wonder about this. Zola had sold me a line - but I had seen Rockwood say he didn't love me and was just using me. I guess he just wanted his property back. I felt weird but over him, the bubble had burst and the soap had got in my eye.

Loop pulled into a side alley out of sight of the turret and the guns. He stopped got off and I pulled in behind him.

"Hay we passed a StarBucks on the way in. Fancy going in and looting your self a coffee ?" said Loop.

"We should loot coffee at Carabou Coffee it's cheaper" I said smiling.

Loop heard something and turned. He crept to the corner and used a tiny mirror to peek, his face dropped. The smile had been lost now it was stern.

"Cyborgs why did it have to be cyborgs" whispered Loop to him self in horror.

"They have cyborg's posted here? I thought they were mostly the important guys like generals?" I whipsered.