Chapter 76/Resistance/Delusions of grandeur

A/NThis is our most risky chapter of the entire book. We have never attempted anything like this before - our greatest fear is you don't trust us and people might give up half way through. All we can say is it's a dramatic chapter which is worth following to it's end (think roller coaster).

Video: A mood music track which is good for reading the middle third to.

Picture:No reason We liked it.Reminded us of Zola

****

26 seconds into the future Guestwing/Rockwood Hall/Washington 2.0 Area formally known as Nebraska

Jenny's POV

Araneae marched me down to the guest wing. I caught just-read-the-instructions eye and she ushered me in. Her raccoon eyes seemed to suggest I run very very far away and hide. As I came Zola was sitting feeding directly on a slave. 'Like they don't have plates or cups where you come from' I thought. Zola was wearing a halter top showing a lot of skin on her bare shoulders. You could see tattoos on her arms - not barcodes like mine but something symbolic.

In the room, there were three slaves each holding strong directional lights. Wealthier super vain collaborators and robots knew that good lighting it was an important aspect of looking good in photos. It was common for a robot to have three lighting slaves which continuously moved strong lights around at robot's silent command. This made sure that the robot always looked it's best from the observer's point of view. It was like being a model followed around continuously by three lighting technicians. This is ensured that the robot always looks it's best. I have seen lighting slaves in some of the slave movies I had reluctantly watched. Clearly, Zola wanted to look her best but for me? Why?

I came in and knelt down with my best slave manners. Normally the custom was to let the slave stay kneeling, yap yap yap and then dismiss them. There was some rule but I never knew it as the collar just told you what to do.

"No need to kneel on ceremony come and sit here,do ," said Zola tapping the bed.

Letting slaves on the future was a no no the commission for public safety was trying to stamp out, even I knew that.

I went over and sat on the edge of the bed looking down on the floor. My stomach tensed up she was up to something, why the poorly acted show of approaching me? Zola dismissed the slaves in the room. The lighting slaves left the lights illuminating her. The male slave who was acting as a coffee table stood up and walked out.

"You look so sad and that wodo, no head up,non slavish" said Zola. I followed orders. My guess was she was there to make me donon-slavishand have me punished. Zola tied a scarf around my collar. Wonderful she wanted to play barbie I wonder if I should tell her I can bend my legs at the knee?

"There we go, all alone. All the recording is off. We can talk in private now. Girl to girl" she said

I sat uncomfortably on the edge of the bed. I didn't think much of Zola's approach, it was like being seduced by a dead sheep.

"Relax. I'm not going to harm you.... much ... I'm joking! A girl as funny and cute as you should be able to get joke" she said but I didn't move. The last time people had been this creepy nice to me was when Nancy Biggs tried to lock me in the girls restrooms at school ( hint next time check the windows fool).

"Have it your own way" she continued sitting back "I'm going to tell you something. Your a slave and mortal so your probably going to ask your self why I am bothering. The first thing you need to know is I'm not the monster someone might make me out to be. Next and just between us girls I want you to know you remind me of me when I was young and naive, before I met Rockwood. You see I wished someone had told me about him then. He doesn't tell you about everything does he? " started Zola