By Now

Sorry for the wait! My little cousins staying over, and I didn't really know how to write this chapter and I've been distracted by writing the second story... But it's all good.

______________

Taylor's POV

December 13th 2010

Today was my birthday. Usually, on this day I would feel like a princess. I would be happy and excited. I would feel wanted.

I didn't feel any of that today.

How've you been? Can I come in?
Just came to get my things and then I guess I'm leaving

Today Josh was coming over to grab some of his stuff. I'm sure he wouldn't have come over if the stuff wasn't important. He has the organization of a toddler.

A knock on the door sounded throughout the house. I sighed and walked down the stairs to the door. The box of stuff rested beside it.

I took a deep breath before I opened it.

There Josh stood. Hands in his pocket, dark hair disheveled, glowing eyes staring bashfully at the ground.

"Hey," I said over the loud rain. It was pouring down like bullets.

Josh looked up into my eyes, and for a moment I was captivated by them.

"Hi," he said in a small voice.

If I could say what you'd like to hear
I'd whisper in your ear it's only temporary

I decided the longer he was here, the worse I would feel, so I bent down and grabbed his box.

"I don't really know what's so important that you need, but here you go. All of your things," I said as I handed it to him.

"Thanks," he said in the same hollow voice.

I nodded. I reached to close the door.

"Happy birthday," he sighed before turning around. Never looking back. He was lost in the rain. His leather jacket the last thing I saw before the grey enveloped him.

I shut the door. The finality sounding from it made me shudder.

But I've been taking you for granted

And there I stood. Solid like a statue. Never moving. Stuck. Just like the blinking curser on a computer screen. Waiting. Waiting for the author to bring it to life.

I had one thing to look forward to today. My birthday party. But, I was dreading it. I should've expected that. I was still feeling so down since Josh.

I sighed and went back up the stairs. Not moments later was my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I answered, trying to sound upbeat.

"Hey Taylor," the person on the other side greeted.

I let out a sigh of relief. It was Matt.

"Thank god it's you," I said.

"Something troubling you?" He asked.

Although I had spent most of my time with Josh, I felt that Matt was the next closest member of the band. It didn't happen often, but I had confided to him about my troubles a few times.

"Something on your mind?" He asked.

"Yeah. Question is, what isn't?" I breathed.

"What's wrong? Oh, and by the way. Happy birthday!"