Tied Together With A Smile

Hey! So I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far. I was a bit hesitant to put it up, but I'm hoping that it will turn out great.

P.S. I felt absolutely horrible for insulting the songs at the very end of this chapter, but it's a very important part to this story, and it helps Taylor and Josh's friendship grow stronger. Don't hate on me please... I didn't mean to write those things. I've already slapped myself in the face for it, and I mean no disrespect what so ever. I am not trying to make fun of them. 

••• 

Josh's POV

"So one time I went to McDonalds with my mom, and they had one of those playground jungle gym thingys. And my mom specifically said not to go in it while she was getting the food. So I went in. And I was on one those merry-go-round things, and then I fell off. And my shoe got caught on it and then started dragging me around, and I was screaming and caused this huge scene. Yeah," I said.

"Oh my god!" Taylor laughed. "Honestly though, you're childhood sounds like it was so awesome. I just grew up on a Christmas tree farm, so like, Christmas was kind of cool. But I don't really have any of these hilarious stories you're telling me, to tell."

"Well, it was alright I guess." Though there were the haunting memories I didn't want to tell her about.

"Yeah you're lucky that you didn't get bullied. It sucked so much."

"It must have," I said sadly.

"Hey, you know what would be cool?" Taylor asked.

"What?"

"If you helped me write this song."

"Sure. Why not."

"So um, this friend of mine," she started strumming a guitar. "She. Ok hold on. Little back story, um she's like one of those girls who, like makes the guys stop and look at her. Uh, you know what I mean. Um she's really pretty, and just gorgeous and everything! But, I found out a while back, that she has bulimia. So I wanted to write a song about it."

My heart froze. She wanted to write a song about bulimia. Couldn't it have been a different topic?

"So far, I only have the chorus. It goes like this," she started to sing, "Hold on, baby, you're losing it

The water's high and you're jumping into it

And letting go

And no one knows,

That you cry,

But, you don't tell anyone

That you might not be the golden one

And you're tied together with a smile

But, you're coming undone."

I was shocked. Those words were so true and meaningful. I loved it. "Wow, that's beautiful Taylor."

"Thank you so much. So, maybe we could start the song with 'seems the only one who doesn't see your beauty,

Is the face in the mirror looking back at you.' How's that sound?"

"Really good. Maybe then you could go, 'You walk around here thinking you're not pretty,

But that's not true,"

"Cause I know you,' yeah! That could be the first verse, and then the chorus. Yeah, that sounds really good."

We began writing the second verse. I fed her a lot of ideas, and she took most of them. We incorporated them into a very beautiful song that would one day be an anthem for a lot of people struggling out there. Maybe even me included.