Cold As You

Taylor's POV

You have a way of coming easily to me

I walked through the cold hallway with Abigail by my side. I couldn't stop talking about Brian, my new boyfriend. We had been dating for about a week now, and he was just absolutely perfect. Well sort of. We just kind of had a thing. It wasn't official though because he still hadn't asked me out.

"So guess what Brian did for me the other day?" I said.

"What did he do?" Abigail asked.

"He brought me flowers!" I screeched.

"Aw that's so cute!"

"I know right? I'm so lucky I met him. He's everything I ever wanted."

And when you take you take the very best of me

We sat down in our seats in English. I got out my binder and flipped to the inside of the cover to look at a picture of us. He was really into photography. I smiled. We looked like one of those annoying cheesy couples that everyone hates but secretly envies.

"So do you think you're ever going to find a boyfriend again?" I asked Abigail.

She looked at me. It was like a sudden wash of grey covered her eyes. It might've happened several months ago, but I could tell she still hadn't gotten over her past boyfriend she went all through grade nine with.

"I don't know," she sighed.

I could tell she still didn't want to talk about it. It was one of those break ups that plagues you for a long time. Of course it doesn't help that he was her first boyfriend.

"Well you better find one soon because winter formal is coming up!" I joked, "girl, I can't let you go all alone."

"Hah well I'll be on vacation then actually."

"What! Abigail, I though that you were leaving the week after? I can't go all alone."

"Well, I'm kind of leaving in two days. At least you'll have Brian!"

"Aw but it won't be the same," I complained.

She shrugged apologetically.

Soon class ended and we had lunch block. I rushed to my locker to put my things away, and to find Brian. Abigail and I travelled down the hallways to our usual lunch spot. On the way we found Brian. He was hugging some random girl. I didn't think much of it, but Abigail did.

"Oh my god. Taylor look. Look at what he's doing. Red flag. I repeat, red flag."

"What? He's just hugging some girl. It's not that big of a deal." From my angle, it looked just like a casual hug.

"Uh ok, he's got his head facing hers, not facing away. He's held onto her for more than five seconds. And look where his hands are! Lower back. Bad! Red flag! Emergency alarm. Enc! Enc! Enc!"

"Abigail, you're being kinda ridiculous.

Maybe she just needs some comforting."

So, I start a fight 'cause I need to feel something

"No. Look! He's-"

"I don't want to hear it!" I interrupted. "It's fine. I honestly don't really care."

"Fine, but you'll regret it later."

And you do what you want 'cause I'm not what you wanted

I just rolled my eyes. We continued walking to our lunch spot. The day slowly rolled by, and finally I found myself home. I met my mom in the kitchen furiously cleaning. I could smell something cooking in the oven. This situation only happened when someone came to visit.