Sad Beautiful Tragic

Taylor's POV

September 25th 2011,

I felt guilty. I had fought with Josh. I had called him horrible things. He didn't deserve it. Not all of it.

I'm sure he felt guilty too.

The boys were leaving on a train from Kansas, all the way to Vancouver. I was at the station seeing them off.

Long handwritten note

Deep in your pocket

Josh was wearing his leather jacket over a hoodie. What he didn't know, was deep in his pocket, a long hand written note sat. I had written a song. About us. My feelings, our feelings, were all written in it. Our sad, beautiful, tragic love story. Although he was right next to me, I missed him.

Words, how little they mean

When you're a little too late

Maybe if I had told him these words sooner, I would still have him. I should have accepted his many apologies. My many chances at still having him. People make mistakes. We're humans.

But I was too late. And it crushed me inside.

I could be hopeful, and wait out his rocky relationship with Amanda, but I knew I couldn't do it. No matter how hard I tried. How long I waited, was no use. I knew he loved her to death. I saw it before, and I saw it now.

I watched out of the corner of my eye as he sent her a text. It read: "Can't wait to see your beautiful eyes :)"

I almost broke down right then and there.

Good girls, hopeful they'll be

And long they will wait

The train pulled into the station. We all got up and walked towards it. The others got on, but Josh hesitated.

"See you on the other side, I guess," he said.

"Yeah. Good luck on the album," I smiled lightly.

"Good luck on the rest of the tour."

He kissed my cheek and walked on board the train. I stood there as the train blew its whistle and started leaving. I kept my eyes on the ground. It felt like he was leaving me again. Because I guess he was. Except this time he was the one walking away.

I sighed and walked towards my bus. Denver was next. His words echoed in my mind. I certainly needed some luck in completing this tour. I was so emotionally drained, I just wanted to collapse on the ground.

We had a beautiful magic love there

What a sad, beautiful, tragic love affair

________________

Josh's POV

I was confused. Ever since we met up again, I had been dreaming about Taylor. I would have flashbacks about us together. I guess you could say we certainly weren't what we used to be. I missed her. The old her. This Taylor seemed different. Maybe she was just tired from the tour. But something wasn't right.

In dreams, I meet you in long conversation

We both wake in lonely beds

In different cities

We may have been miles apart, but even when I was standing right next to her it felt like that. The bed felt different at home. It felt emptier. Colder, even though there was someone else in it. I guess everybody fills a bed differently.