Haunted

Taylor's POV

Vancouver. Finally I was back. I had left for business and had been gone for a week. It felt wonderful to be here again. The whole entire flight I couldn't stop thinking about Josh. I was super excited to see him again.

I quickly made it to the nearest Starbucks in the airport, and grabbed a maple latte. I then found my taxi, and hopped in. I remembered I had to drop something off at the studio, so I told the driver to go there.

I looked out the window at the setting sun. With autumn falling in, some parts of the sky through purple shadows. Casting a haunted look to the sky. The falling leaves reminded me of the perfect date Josh had taken me on, on the first day of fall.

By the time the cab arrived at the studio, the sky had quickly fallen black. I thanked the driver and payed him. I told him that I would find a different way home after, so he didn't have to wait.

I got out, and immediately recognized Josh's car in the parking lot. But a foreign vehicle was parked beside it.

I walked towards the building. I breathed in the cold air as I remembered what it took to find the money for it. I smiled as Josh's face crossed my mind. I couldn't wait to kiss those lips again.

I opened the door and walked in. The sudden change of temperature sent a shiver down my spine. I decided to keep my coat on so that I could quickly surprise him.

I walked down the hallway towards the recording room. I figured that he would probably be in there, although I didn't hear anything. He was probably busy writing or something. I silently made it to the door and stopped to look in, to admire what he was doing.

But what I saw completely shocked me. I saw something completely different to what my imagination had conjured up.

My jaw dropped, along with my drink. I immediately felt tears in my eyes. This couldn't be right. This couldn't possibly happen. I had a long flight, I must have been seeing things.

"Josh?" I whispered. I had to make sure it was him.

His head snapped away from what he was doing, and looked at me bug-eyed. I didn't know who looked more shocked. Me or him.

"What, are you, doing?" My voice quivered. I was so close to breaking down. I felt a single tear slip from my eye.

"Taylor," he quickly whispered, shock still plastered on his face, "it's not what you think. Give me a minute to explain. Please. Taylor."

He pushed the girl on top of him off, and that's when I got a better look of who it was.

Amanda.

Rage suddenly rushed through me. I couldn't believe it. I clamped my jaw shut and walked away. I rushed to the door, and pushed through it. The cold air felt like a slap to the face.

"Taylor!"

I had to keep going. To get away from him. I took one step forward, when someone snatched my wrist and turned me around.

"What do you want?" I snapped, all of my shock turned to rage.

"Please, Taylor. I am so sorry," Josh began.

"No. Go away!"

I turned and started running away. But he held me back with his strength. I felt his grip around my wrist tighten.

"No! Stop it. Let go of me! I can't believe you Josh. How could you?" I shouted. I turned to go again.

"No, Taylor, it's not what you think!" He wouldn't let go of my wrist.