Last Kiss

Taylor's POV

It was two days after I had returned from recording the strings for Haunted in LA, and I was back in the studio. The album was due next month, and suddenly I didn't feel like it was finished anymore. I had made the decision yesterday, to cut Ours from the list. Unfortunately, Jonathan insisted that I keep that song on the record, so I listed it as one of the bonus tracks. I had thirteen tracks now, but I needed one more to finish the album. My emotions had finally reached that 'complete sadness' part of the list. I was so sad that I couldn't even move, let alone write a song.

I was sitting alone in the writing room. Whenever I tried to close my eyes, the images of him kissing her still flashed through my mind. I missed those lips already. I missed those fireworks that went off every time our lips met. I didn't know how I was supposed to move on after this. I rolled my head over to the side. My notepad sat there, waiting for words and notes to come alive on it. My eyes roved the piano it was sitting on.

I heard a door close. It came from somewhere in the studio. It was probably Jonathan getting all worried about me. When he came to LA with me, he questioned why I had suddenly written Haunted. I think he knew that we had broken up. I'm sure it was obvious. It was probably written all over Josh's face as well.

I took a deep breath and mustered all of my courage up and stood. I shuffled over to the piano bench and sat down on it. I stared at the keys. Waiting for something to happen. Some idea, to pop into my mind.

Josh's POV

Shit – A contemptible or worthless thing.

Yup. That was me. I felt absolutely horrible for what I had done. I didn't care, if Amanda was completely shit-faced when it happened. It was still my fault. I shouldn't have let her stay. I should've driven her home right then and there.

My love life was the definition of disaster. There was so many ways that situation could've gone, should've gone. But no. I had to let her kiss me. I took full responsibility.

I walked into the studio. My best guess was that Taylor was here no doubt, and I had come to make amends. I traveled down the hallway, to the recording room. She wasn't here, but I saw her car so she must've been in the writing room. The door to it was just on the other side of the room.

I sat down on the couch. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. I would probably just make things worse by showing up here, but I had to. Then, I heard a piano.

It sounded absolutely beautiful, but at the same time it made me even more sad. I realized that I ruined possibly the best thing ever. What had I done?

And then I heard her voice. The silky smooth voice ran with the piano, sounding just as sad.

"I do remember the look on your face

Lit through the darkness at 1:58

The words that you whispered for just us to know

You told me you loved me so why did you go away?"

Suddenly, I was back in that day. The first sort of official date we had. The first time I said that I loved her.

I look at the clock. It glows 1:58. It is late, but I can't go another day without saying what I really want to.

"How? How can I know for sure?" She asks.

"Because," I place my hand on her cheek. My skin tingles when I feel her skin beneath my touch. I never take my eyes away from her baby blue ones. I can feel her breath on mine. "Because I love you."