Fallout

First things, hey to my new followers, and thank you bethawdas13 for the wonderful words! You are magical starfish.

Also, I know the song doesn't really fit with whats going on in the story, but it does; its just not written in-yet. I based this more on the music video, and how everything went to shit in the fallout. lol deep moment. Anyways, enjoy.

Taylor's POV

I looked out the window of the car, at the folliage passing by. When the blur of green became too much, I looked up front, focused on one tree and followed it until it was out of sight.

Was that what life was like? The future was a long and disappointing wait, the present zoomed by too fast, and everything was left in the past?

Josh was driving me to the rehab centre. I could almost think of a million different things I would rather do, but frankly, I was too exhausted to think. The drive was long, and being as nervous as I was, it made it even longer.

"God, when is this drive going to be over?" I complained. "I'm sick and tired if waiting. Where are we? Alaska?"

"Calm down, we really haven't been driving for that long, the traffic was just extremely bad back there on Hastings. With the rate we're going now, we should be there soon," he explained.

"You don't have to do this," I said still trying to keep up a fight.

"It's for the best," he sighed. "You'll like it there I think. It's a facility for woman just like you. You can make friends, have fun—"

"How am I supposed to have fun in rehab?"

It's easy to say it's for the best

"Well you should make the best of it," he paused and looked over at me. I didn't bother looking back. "Taylor, this is our last shot—"

"Our?" I asked. "When did this become our? I was fine before you came into the picture."

I instantly regretted my words.

I knew he blamed himself a lot for what happened. He was the one who got me the record deal. Without that, I wouldn't be famous and in the spotlight. He cheated on me. If he hadn't done that, who knew where we'd be right now. If he hadn't made me the lead role in his stupid music videos, I would never have met Dave.

I took a deep breath through my nose, and let it out my mouth. The familiar intoxicating smell of cigarettes and leather invaded my senses.

"I'm sorry. You know I don't mean that. I'm just, tired. Tired of all of this," I apologized.

"I know. But when you get out, you'll be as good as new," he reassured.

The place was filled with ghosts. Stories that had once lived a happy life, stood there, with no power to escape. No way, of escaping imprisonment. It was dark now, and big fluorescent lights lit the long pathway to the front door—they were like spotlights, pointing out the next victim to be swallowed by the building.

All too soon, Josh was opening the door, and leading me through. If he wasn't at my heels, I would've dashed a long time ago. I passed by a few somber ghosts, one of which looked like they were waiting for someone they knew would never come. It broke my heart to see someone so desperately lost.

I sat down in a chair, and waited, while Josh went to the office. I set my bags down beside me. This was the last place I wanted to be, and by the looks of the few people surrounding me, it wasn't going to be an easy ride.

A nurse came over, followed by Josh.

"Well sweetheart," she said in a too sweet voice. "This is where we take you under our wing."