Shouldve Said No

Taylors POV

"'Cause our song is a slamming screen doors, sneaking out late tapping on your window!" I sang obnoxiously.

"Haha now shut up. So, what do you want your first single to be?" Jonathan asked.

"Oh I don't know," I replied.

I had spent the whole day in the studio randomly playing my songs. I had finally finished my album. I had nine songs on there. Each one helped me tell my story. I had three months untill I had to release my first single. That would be my release to the world.

"Well, there's that one song that you just played that could introduce you to the world as Taylor Swift: the girl who's fallen madly in love with love. Or if you do Picture to burn, you could be Taylor Swift: the spunky teenage girl who breaks revenge."

"Yeah, my dad asked me about what I was gonna do the other day."

"What'd he say?"

I began strumming my guitar again.

"He said the way my blue eyes shined

Put those Georgia stars to shame that night

I said that's a lie." I began to sing Tim McGraw.

That was a song I wrote about a past relationship, about Brandon. I hadn't put it on my album.

He didn't stop me, instead he motioned for me to keep going. I sang the rest of the song and when I finished he started to clap.

"That will be your first single," he stated.

"Wait what? It's not even on my album."

"Well it is now. That song represented your writing style perfectly. It showcased some of your best lyrics and brought back some nostalgia from the old days. It's perfect."

"Really? Are you sure, because, are you sure?" I stumbled out of my mouth.

"Yes I'm sure. Trust me it'll work out. How much does this song mean to you?"

"It means a lot to me. I kinda just started listing things that would remind my ex boyfriend of me, and then Liz and I came up with that finished product."

"Perfect." 

_________________

October 2006.

Ever since I had released my first single, people had started gushing to me about how it brought back old memories, or how it reminded them of their ex's, one person even told me over MySpace, that Tim McGraw was her and her boyfriends song. My life was perfect. I had everything that I ever wanted to happen, happen. I had everything I needed.

Almost.

I slammed the car door, and stormed into the studio. I had my guitar and pen in hand. My album was due in two days. Finished. But my life had other ideas.

I stormed into the studio and walked straight into the recording room. Not caring if anyone was in there.

"Jonathan I need this song on my album right now!" I demanded.

When I had barged in, he was busy with the person recording their song in the booth. Now he gawked at me. His face full of ridiculousness.

"You're joking right?" He asked. It almost sounded like a statement.

"No. I am not joking. I need this song on it right now."

"Uh Taylor, mastering is scheduled in two days, and same with the booklets. I highly doubt that you would be able to put a song on the record tonight. It's a cutthroat business girl. Sometimes you can't be picky. Especially when you're just starting out."