Lover Dearest

There you go. The chapter you've all been waiting for. I will promise to make it epic. 

••• 

Taylor's POV

I was walking down the dark and damp streets of Vancouver when I saw it. He was just lying there. Of course I had to help him.

But how exactly had I gotten there? Well let me take you back to when it first started;

It's funny you know. How sometimes, even the tiniest little thing can get people so riled up and mad at each other, that you forget how it even started.

It started with them having problems with each other. I didn't know the cause. Neither one would tell me, and when I reached out to their closest friends, they didn't know.

Maybe something had happened when they were touring, but ever since the begining of September, they were nothing like they were before. Not only were they angry at each other, but they were acting grumpy towards others as well. 

_________________

2 weeks earlier.

"Wait, so you're telling me that you haven't written anything for your next album yet?" I asked.

"Heh, yeah nope," Josh replied.

"Well, Josh aren't you planning on releasing a second album next year?"

"I guess so," he replied.

"So why haven't you written anything? It's been like a year since you first released Fix Me. You should uh, probably start working on things."

"Well, I really just don't have anything good to write about."

"Why not?"

"I don't have a relationship with anyone, I don't have any strong emotions about anything. Or, well, there is one thing,"

"What?"

"But I don't want to do that right now."

"Why not?"

"Because well, it's just not a happy place."

I could tell something was wrong. The way his face fell. It was like he wanted to hide a big secret that could mean life or death.

"Well then tell me about it," I pushed.

He looked at me. His eyes had all of a sudden gone grey. His whole face was grey. It was as if someone had gone and vacuumed all of the happiness from him.

"Well, I've wanted, ever since I had started working on the first record, to change this poem I have, into a song. But back then, I just wasn't a strong enough writer. And I don't know if I'm strong enough now. I've tried a bunch of times, but I just don't know. Each time I try, it just doesn't sound right. It doesn't give off the effect I want. I've spent countless hours playing with different ways I could make the guitar sound. From electric, to acoustic, to, everything. It doesn't work."

"Well what kind of effect do you want to have?"

"Um. I'm not exactly sure."

"Oh, ok. Then tell me what the poem is about."

"Oh, well that doesn't matter right now. I'll tell you later."

I started to sense that it was a very sensitive topic. I made a small guess as to what it could be about, and went from there.

"Well have you tried using a piano?"

"A piano?"

"Yeah, I mean everything just sounds so much more delicate on it. You know?"