Speak Now

Taylor's POV

I felt so lonely. I had no boyfriend. No one to love. No one to cuddle with. I was alone in this big new empty house. It was times like these where I wish I had never grown up. Where I wished I could've stayed little for forever.

I regretted all the moments of my childhood where I hated being a kid. When all I wanted to do was grow up and be an adult. Sure, there were some perks to it, but it was absolutely terrifying getting a bill and having no idea what to do with it.

I had written part of a song to voice my emotions, but I hadn't quite finished it. I didn't have a begining to it, and it needed more. I was tempted to go to a co-writer, but I was now more determined than ever to write this album on my own.

I was sitting in my kitchen, in my new duplex penthouse, sipping at a smoothie I had made. Suddenly, a furious knocking at my door snapped me out of my bliss.

I set my drink down, and walked down the stairs to my door. The knocking hadn't stopped. I wondered who it could be. I opened the door.

"Taylor!" She shouted. My friend Dianna was there, looking more flustered than ever. She rushed into my house, and began taking off her shoes.

"Um. Come in," I awkwardly said as I closed the door.

"Oh, I have so much to tell you right now. I can't even, like, holy," her words were rushed in an urgent tone.

I led her up the stairs to my kitchen. I offered her a drink.

"Just water please," she said.

When I came and sat down beside her, she took a long sip from her glass before putting it down.

"So what's wrong?" I asked.

"Ok, well you know that guy I dated all through high school?"

"Rory?" I asked as I raised my smoothie to my lips and took a sip.

"Yeah. He's getting married in two weeks."

I spat my drink out all over the table.

"What!"

"I know! I got the invitation in the mail yesterday."

"But, I thought, wait what? How is that possible! You guys were perfect for each other. I know you took a break when he went to Boston for university, but I thought you guys were still together!"

"Well, it's complicated." She spun her drink around in her hand. "We had this horrible fight right before he left, and for months after that, he always tried to reach out to me. But, I never responded. And eventually, when I took his call, we had another giant fight. And it ended with us calling it off for good."

"Aw. But hold on. Rorys still alive? He kind of disapeared off the planet when he moved to Boston."

"Well, he met this girl there. And long story short she is a two faced stuck up needy little bitch!"

My eyes went wide.

"She made him stop talking to his friends, cut off his family ties, and made him so isolated. In fact, she made him move in with her in Boston, and neither of them live there! She's from Kentucky. Like, this is just horrible. I can't let it happen. I just can't. She'll ruin his life!"

"Oh, well then are you going to speak now?"

"Huh?"

I didn't know where it came from. But I was suddenly thinking about that one crucial point at a wedding, where the preacher says "speak now or forever hold your peace" and everyone flashes back to old ghosts from past relationships. Wondering if they'll stop it.