Fearless

Ok, welcome to the last chapter of the first part of the first story in this trilogy that I'm writing. Woah, that made no sense. But you know what does make sense? Commenting on this story.

Enjoy. 

••• 

Taylor's POV

I stared at myself in the mirror. I was wearing my best dress. Josh would arrive any minute now from the shoe store, and we'd take a taxi to the wedding. Even though he knew about it weeks in advance, he still wasn't ready for the wedding.

I had my long curly hair tied to the side, in a low ponytail with my side bangs twirling into it.

I heard a knock at the door. That must be him. I checked in the mirror one more time to make there weren't any bruises showing, and went to open it. Josh appeared in a purple dress shirt, and black pants. His black tie matched his black dress shoes. I smiled. He looked, well, hot.

"Well don't you look handsome," I said.

"You look absolutely stunning!" His eyes wide, "you might just give the bride a run for her money."

I teasingly slapped him on the arm.

"Oh please, you're just saying that."

I prayed he couldn't see me blushing. I looked into his eyes. But I slowly dropped to his lips.

I wanted those... no snap out of it! He'll see you staring.

"So, ready to go?" He asked.

"Of course!" I replied. I closed the hotel door behind me and walked down the hallway beside him. We got to the elevator and he pushed the lobby button. I caught myself staring at him again and forced myself to look away.

As we walked out of the elevator, out of the lobby and to his car I looked up at the sky. Anyone from Vancouver would know that those were rain clouds. Rain. Something that I found so romantic. We hailed the taxi and climbed in. Josh insisted he'd pay. Often, though not often enough, he could be quite the gentleman.

After the fifteen minute drive, we arrived at the church. The wedding would take place here, then the reception at a hall they rented out somewhere in downtown Vancouver. We got seated and made small talk to other guests.

Josh was busy talking to some girl, while I had a rather um, interesting conversation with some old guy about how dentures work.

Finally, the ceremony began.

The bridesmaids walked down the aisle, then the bride accompanied by her dad. I couldn't wait till I got married. It'd be so romantic. I caught myself staring at Josh again. I got butterflies in my stomach thinking about dancing, and hopefully, with him.

Finally the ceremony ended and the bride and groom walked down the aisle together. They looked so in love. Something I didn't know yet. The pair looked inseparable.

The crowd made their way to the reception hall and the dancing began. First the bride and groom. Ok I'll admit it, I did get a little misty eyed at them. Then the bride and her dad danced. And the groom with his mother. It was like a fairy tale.

Then the real dancing began. I looked over my side at Josh, but he wasn't there. Crap.

How could he leave me here? I knew absolutely no one and he just left me?

No don't panick Taylor. He doesn't need to be right by your side. You are not an item. Just friends... but what if he's too far away to protect me?

I felt my heart beat faster. My palms grew sweaty. What if John was behind me? I whipped around. It was just the old denture guy.

Okay Taylor come on, why would John be here? You're just overreacting.