Chapter 29 part two

Tuckers POV

As we arrived at homecoming I knew the night wasn't going to be completely perfect.For her though I was going to try to make it almost perfect. I looked at her and couldn't help but smile, I couldn't believe that she had actually agreed to go with me. If I went with anyone else but her, I would feel like it was for their popularity but with her it felt like she actually wanted to be with me.

"ready?" I asked her taking the key out of the ignition.

She tilted her head and shrugged "I guess" she said smiling with a small laugh.

"Well I am" I said opening my door and getting out. As I watched her reach for her door I pushed the lock button on my keypad. I watched her look at me confused, I didn't want her to open her door and just get out like the last few times we had went somewhere together.

I reached her door and hit the unlock button before trying to open it. "Here we are" I said smiling again and holding my hand out for her's.

"You did that just so you could open my door?" She asked turning a light shade of pink. "Well thanks" She said taking my hand.

That was one of the many thing's I liked about Macy, she always blushed at the slightest of things. It was cute and made it easier for me to trust her. She never thought of herself first, which even I can say I don't do even though I should. It's like Macy didn't even care about herself as long as everyone else was happy and having a good time, but tonight I was going to about her.

As we walked into the the decorated gym, I could feel all the eyes on us. I didn't mind but when I glanced at Macy she looked nervous. I nudged her lightly "Ignore them" I said jokingly. Her expression or nervousness faded and the smiled I loved appeared.

"That's better" I said as we walked under the balloon arch. Before we could get from under it, the yearbook photographer took a photo of us. I put my arm around Macy for the photo and it just felt right.

"Cute" the photographer said as she let the camera fall around her neck.

"I know isnt she" I said looking down at Macy.

"Stop it" she said playfully pushing away from me blushing but it was a darker red this time.

"Why do you do that all the time?" I asked talking about the blushing.

"Oh" she said then put her hands up on her cheeks seeming to be embarrassed about it.

"No I like it" I said walking towards her, taking her hands off of her cheeks and holding them in mine.

"really, I think its dorky" She said looking up at me.

"I think its cute" I said.

"Well good because I can't control it" she said then stuck her tongue out at me.

"Is that your favorite thing to do?" I asked arching my eyebrow.

"yep" she said then stuck it out again.

"Oh really" I said then stuck my tongue out back at her.

She rolled her eyes then started to laugh so hard that a small snort escaped and immediately her face turned a shade of red I hadn't seen yet. Instantly I started to laugh too and wrapped my arms around her. I felt her head just rest on my chest not fighting to get out of my arms, maybe she didn't want it to end like I didn't.

We were interrupted when someone from drama club had walked over and asked her to dance. He hadn't noticed that she was with me until she had turned to look at me to see If I cared. Instead of saying no like I wanted to, I said I didn't mind and that I was going to catch up with some of the guy. Honestly though I wanted nothing to do with the team at that moment, they were probably judging her and I really didn't need to get into a fight.