chapter 12

Macy's point of view

        I might not have blushed when i was talking to tucker but after he called my name loudly in the hall, i was sure i was a bright pink. "Great" i said to myself walking down the hall seeing people look at me. I wasn't sure if they were looking at me because of tucker or because of the fact that i was blushing, which i guess both are because of tucker.

       I was surprised he hadn't called me a name when it happened, i mean he is Tucker Carson after all. He even helped me up off of the floor, picked my books up and apologized for it.

 If there was other jocks around I'm sure he would have just made a joke about it and went on with his day, or maybe he wouldn't.

      Why am i thinking about Tucker Carson? I haven't even talked to him since first grade and he is only my partner for a small math project. Well i hoped it was a small math project since i still had no idea what the project was still. "Relax" i thought to myself as i sat on one of the benches on the side of the major hall.

       But my relax time was cut short when my phone started ringing. "Hello?" i asked not knowing who it was. "Oh hey dad" I said dreading the news. Why had he called me during school hours? he never did.

     Maybe he called to tell me to be like nick, maybe he called to tell me i was doing something wrong and maybe he was calling me to tell me i had to do better. Either way i knew it wasn't good and i knew there was no way to avoid him or the reason.

     "oh yeah........really.......okay see you then" i said right before he hung up without saying good bye or love you. He wouldn't have seemed like a he was my father if you would have listened to the conversation. he had called to tell me that he was going to pick me up from school.

     "Great" i said to myself again running my right hand through my blond hair. My other arm was pulling my lime green bag up off the floor and onto my shoulder. As i walked down the hall i glanced at the clock "11:25" I mumbled wondering why he was picking me up early.

      "Life is awesome" I said lieing to myself, the more i lied the more convincing i was becoming. Well i was getting better at convincing myself, which is pretty sad even for me. I walked slowly to the attendance office hoping that i was wasting time with my father.

      As i walked inside the office i couldn't help but smirk. There was an old lady behind a elementary size looking desk. Funniest part was she gave me a look like 'what are you doing in MY office' who wouldn't have smiled or smirked at that?

       The old lady looked to be in about her early fifties maybe late late forties. She had light red hair which looked pink under the one ceiling light. Her face reminded me of a slightly wrinkled grape, not old enough to be called a raisin but not young enough to call a grape, maybe i can just say she reminded me of at grasin for a middle stage.

 I think she had experienced alot of butt kissing from students because the walls were covered in thank-you cards, photos and even mums which confused me slightly.

    Trying not to focus on her i looked around the small room which could pass as a closet. The room was an off white with a black tile floor. It contained only a small wooden desk big enough for a computer and some work space, two uncomfortable plastic seat where the students could sit if they really really wanted to. I know they were uncomfortable because i sat in one and would have rather sat on the ground.

      I glanced at the sign in and out clipboard. I went through the long list, surprisingly nick was not on the list and neither was Derek "Im so proud" i thought sarcastically to myself. I had only been in the office for ten minutes and already wanted to run out never to return again.

       As i tried not to fall asleep in the stale smelling, small closet like office i heard a "Lets go Macy". At that moment i would have gladly stayed in the office with the pink haired attendance officer.

     I think she noticed my expression because she started smiling and waved as we walked out of the room. I hope tomorrow morning everyone is late to school so she has to write over three-hundred passes to class, that would show her...maybe If it  didn't at least she would get a hand cramp writing them.

    I tried not to show my nervousness, anxiety, or confusement as i was lead by my dad to his car. He acted like i had no idea which car was his even though it sat in the driveway almost all year unmoved.

      I opened the door to my father's prized silver Ashton Martin Rapide. If you haven't noticed yet my father cares alot about what others think, and this car makes him feel good about himself. The car barely gets driven since me and nick aren't allowed to even get in it when he isn't home, but the keys are always left at the house.

       I sat there looking at all the curves in the inside around the radio, bored out of my mind. I would have messed with the radio if it was nicks car or even Derek's but i knew better than to mess with my dads. We sat in the awkward silence until we arrived at my fathers favorite restaurant which happened to be my least favorite but it was not the worst.

      i looked back at the car wishing we could have just gone home, why had he brought me to a restaurant to tell me that i needed to do better when he could tell me at home? It would have been less embarrassing at least if we were at home. Trying not to seem anxious i played with my straw as he looked at the menu.

       "so Macy Ive got news" he said not even looking up from his menu.

    "Yeah dad?" i asked not looking back at him.

     "I got a new project for work which involves us moving at some point this year" he said casually then looked up at me.

    My throat went dry as i tried to answer "Oh" i managed to say but it came out low and rusty sounding. I took a quick drink of my soda "Oh OK" I said not really knowing what else to say to him.

     How could he expect me and nick to move? It was our senior year, we had friends here and i couldn't leave Kelsey! I didn't know what i was going to do, but i knew i wasn't going to be happy and encourage the move.

      "life is awesome" I lied to myself again but even this time the lie didn't even convince me.

__________________________________________________

thanks for reading :D.

 I hope you guys like this chapter, it took two tries to write it. I was talking with megaroniandcheese when it decided to erase itself, i was almost done with the chapter too :( it sucked but i tried to rewrite it. From now on im saving as i write :D. Ive written so much about macy's life that i think i need to start writing for tuckers life too, maybe i can think of new ways.

well let me know what you think of the chapter good or bad, and any ideas you have for the story ill be glad to listen to. Again thanks for reading!!!!!

<3 Di