Chapter 20

Macys POV

  So he ditched our breakfast plans and he didnt show the other night for our rematch. I should have known that it wouldnt stay the same as the night he came over and stayed almost the whole night. Which sucks because whether or not I want to admit, I actually did have fun that night.

He hadnt called, texted or even stopped by since he had the meeting with his coach. Monday he hadnt even been at school, he went with the team somewhere. Which meant I was alone in math, while the teacher gave us time to work in class on our project. I still didnt even know what the project was.

So I sat through the whole class acting like I was working on a project when in reality I was just doodleing in my notebook like always but wrote "Ideas" on the top of the page. I dont know how I got away with it though. Any teacher would have known that a mario drawing was not an idea for a math project. I wasnt going to complain about it or point it out to her either.

Math is alot more boring when everyone is working in small groups and your by yourself. Drawing can entertain me for a while but not for a whole class period. Everytime the Mrs.Bagwell would walk up to the board, I prayed she would explain the project or even teach us something. With my luck though she didnt.

After what seemed like millons of years had passed the bell rung letting me out of the boring dead silent room.

"What is the project about?!" I said to myself as I opened my locker. I knew it had to do with math 'duh' even a two year old would know that. How am I supposed to have a project ready if I dont even know what the project is? Tucker probably knows but I have no idea where he is or how to call him.

I sighed as I put my math book in my locker still thinking about what I was supposed to do about the situation. I glanced over my shoulder seeing someone standing beside me.

"Mace, Why are you talking to yourself?" The person said jokingly and at that point I knew it was Kelsey.

 "Kelsey, what project are you guys working on in math?" I asked hoping that it wasnt just a project for Mrs.Bagwells class.

"Well Mr.Ortiz didnt give us a project, we are just going over boring funtions. I wish we would just have a free day where nothing was taught" She said smiling probably thinking it sounded like a great idea.

"No, its horrible. All I did today was draw while everyone worked on their projects, since Tucker wasnt in class" I said explaining my horrible class period to her.

"It couldnt have been that bad. Over dramatic?" she asked smirking. Thats one of the many things about kelsey that I love, she will call me out on anything and everything.

"A tiny bit maybe but still I dont want another day like that ever!" I paused thinking about what I had just said. "Okay at least not for a while" I said correcting the not having another day like that ever.

She started laughing "Macy, you are something else" She said still laughing. Honestly I didnt know whether I should take it as a compliment or as an insult. For the sake of not wanting to have something else to think about I just took it as a compliment.

"Thanks Kels" I said then looked at the clock. "Another class" I said starting to laugh, not because it was funny but at the fact that I already wanted it to be over.

I looked over at kelsey "I now have to suffer in a class with Derek of all people" I said rolling my eyes smirking.

"I dont see why your acting that way, at least its not anoter sit by yourself class" she said jokingly as she walked away down the opposite hall towards her class.