Chapter one

Chapter one

Tucker looked around the room then looked quickly back at me with his dimpled smile. “Macy will you marry me?” he asked smiling still. I looked at his green eyes, blonde hair and I couldn’t help but cross my arms.

 “Tucker, I……” I couldn’t finish because the bell rang. He glanced at me still smirking “We can finish later” he said smirking before walking away. Tucker Carson always got away with not having to clean up the mess he made, it wasn’t fair.

 The teacher pointed at the house center “Macy clean up your mess” she said then gave tucker a sticker for cleaning up nothing. I sighed as I cleaned up mine and tuckers house. I finally finished cleaning up the center when tucker walked over and put one of the plates in the fake red sink. “Macy tell Tucker thank you for helping” the teacher called from the other side of the room. I went to open my mouth with an objection but it wouldn’t help me in the end. “Thanks” I mumbled walking away from him.

 I found my name on one of the round tables and saw his name next to mine, maybe it wouldn’t be so bad knowing the person I sat next to in my first day of first grade.

I was wrong, way wrong about being glad that tucker sat next to me. When we had quiet time he elbowed me on the side the whole time causing me to tell him to stop loudly. The teacher didn’t like that and sent me to time out.

At lunch time (we ate in class) he took my bag of chips and licked all of them offering them to me which of course I declined. But worst of all at art time, we made macaroni necklaces. Which doesn’t sound so bad actually but it was worse than when they stopped showing rugrats on TV. Tucker took the necklace I had made and broke it. I had spent so much time lacing the noodles onto the pink string and he ruined it in less than a second.

 He looked at me smiling not even showing any trace that he cared about what he did, probably because the others were laughing at it. I glared at him “I HATE YOU” I screamed which got me sent to another class in which Tucker was not.

Ever since I yelled that at tucker, we haven’t really talked. Even after 10 years of being in the same school as me, Tucker hasn’t been the same kid who asked me to marry him when we were 6. Some other things have changed too.

When we hit middle school tucker became the ’It’ guy, not that im complaining. I can see clearly why he is, he has the looks and is the quarterback of the football team but also is the pitcher for the baseball team. Oh I forgot to mention, he is captain of both teams as well. Me? Well im in theater arts, environmental club and band. That’s stuff to be proud about for some but being held in comparison to Tuckers my life was….boring.

I didn’t even have a boyfriend anymore since Hunter moved away, but Tucker had almost every girl wrapped around his finger….except me and Kelsey. Kelsey is my best friend and is also known as the crazy girl at school. Kelsey isn’t really crazy but she speaks her mind, and doesn’t back down from anyone. We are opposites but we have each others back, I need her more than she needs me though.

Our school is named “Summer Cantel High” I have no idea what the cantel part is about but then again im not the school spirit kind of person. I never went to games and I didn’t have a school shirt in my closet, well the drama ones don’t count since they are awesome unlike the school ones. The only thing I knew about the school sports was that Tucker was an important player in almost any of the sports ,well except the female teams.

Every game day I had to hear about him and the team, walking in the halls I had to see his name, and at pep rally’s it was basically a celebration to wish him the best at the game. It annoyed me, why did he get all the attention just for catching a ball or throwing one? Anyone could do it.

Yeah so if you haven’t guess yet its senior year, im almost done! One more year and I cant wait for it to be over, school, annoying tucker and being at the bottom of the food chain.

Today I decided to try something new, I sat in the back of the class so if It was a permanent spot I wouldn’t always be pick on to answer a question. I had decided to semi dress up for my first last day ever, i wore a pair of hollister dark wash jeans and a white tank top with a hot pink vneck over it. My dirty blonde hair was uphalf upand i wore a pair of white vans to match my shirt.

 When people started to file into the classroom I realized I had made a mistake, when the people around me weren’t who I would even think to talk to.

 I had been late to school so I couldn’t talk to Kelsey and see if we had the same classes. I prayed she had most of them with me and especially this one since I knew no one in the class. I sat playing with my dirty blonde hair waiting for her to walk through the door and take the seat next to me, but the bell rang and she wasn’t next to me. I was surrounded by baseball jocks, football jocks, cheerleaders and one empty seat….I was completely alone.

 When the teacher started to talk finally after 20 minutes of her texting on her phone. I swear she looked like she herself was about to graduate high school, she would have been one of them. Them being the ones who thought they were perfect, the teacher whose name was Ms.Bagwell would have fit perfectly in the empty seat to complete the I don’t belong feeling I had. Why couldn’t I have just stuck with the less dangerous choice and sat in the front of the class? ‘Stupidity’ I thought. I sat there surrounded by people who I knew didn’t care about me and started to draw in my notebook. Im not that great at it but it was something to do to pray that time moved faster.

 My eyes shot up when I heard someone at the door, ‘let it be Kelsey, let it be Kelsey, I swear I will actually pay attention if its Kelsey’ I thought maybe begging would help me. After a good three minute wait which seemed like 400 years the teacher opened the door revealing none other than the golden child of Summer Cantel High, Tucker Carson.

_______________________________________________________________________

Ok so this is the first book ive actually posted on here.it will get better. thanks for reading :) Let me know what you think good or bad, it will help.

<3 Di