Chapter 26

Macy POV

       After the most boring classes ever, school was out and I was free. Or at least I had thought I was. As I was about to walk out of the school, Kelsey ran up to me asking why I was skipping the drama club meeting.

"Theres a meeting?" I asked confused, Mr.Tarpley hadnt told me about any meeting and I hadnt seen any flyers advertiseing it.

"Duh Macy" She said pointing at the wall.

How could I have missed the flyers? They are Blight lime green, bold font and all over the hallways. "Oh" I said looking back at her.

"Oh?oh? Macy we gotta go or we will be late" She said grabbing my arm and leading me down the hall towards the auditorium.

"Yeah lets go" I said trying to gather up enthusiasm but I really didnt want to go to the meeting.

 I would rather be asleep for the next hour than sitting in a room with thirteen other kids talking about how no one cares about drama club. Which most of the school didnt care, Summer Cantel Highschool is all about sports but mostly football. No one shows up to our plays except family and friends which only fill half of the front three rows....pathetic really.

As we walked into the auditorium the small group of students started screaming our names. The screaming our names started as a joke between me and Kelsey, but somehow the other kids found out so its not just between me and Kelsey. The sceaming was annoying when Kelsey did it but now that thirteen other kids are screaming it is about to the point where I wanna to tell them to shut up and leave me alone.

I took one of the seats on the stage and looked around at the others. I never understood why we had our meetings in the second biggest room in the school. All the members could fit in the janitors closet and still have room for more people. I guess being in the auditorium adds to the whole theater idea.

Like always the meeting went on and on for what seemed like forever. Most of the time was spent trying to think of ideas to get more people to come to the shows, but while they talked about that I thought about why anyone would show up to our shows.

The meeting was almost over when they started talking about what plays we were going to do this year and the next one was only two weeks away. I leaned back in my seat looking at the ceiling of the stage, I was filled with poles and pipes everywhere but they were all painted back. I wonder why they painted them since no one really can see them from the audience, to waste money? But that was a good thing for the painter so Im not going to bring it up to anyone or he might lose his job painting ceilings.

I was dragged out of my thoughts about nothing when I heard my name.

"Macy" Mr.Tarpley said writing on his clipboard not even looking at me.

"Yeah?" I asked not sure what was going on. I glanced at Kelsey hopeing she was listening, but I wasnt going to get any information from her. She had been talking/flirting with Jason, one of the debate club guys who joined drama club to make their transcirpt look good to colleges.

No one else seemed to be paying any attention to me as I asked them what was going on. They all just shrugged and looked back at Mr. Tarpley. Well I guess I hadnt missed much since no one else knew what was going on either.

"You will see what part you got when you leave, but before that I need to explain something to you" Mr.Tarpley said then looked around at all of us. "If we dont get an audience to fill half of the auditorium we wont have anymore plays and there will be no drama club" he said looking as if he really was depressed about it.