Chapter 22

Macys POV

"Why would he have this photo set as his wallpaper? I asked myself as I looked at his phone during lunch.

 I had opted to sit outside by the faculty parking lot. I really wasnt in the mood to listen to Kelsey make comments through out lunch about me wearing Derek's auto tech shirt.

 I had to admit that Derek's shirt was comfy, clean and oddly smelt really good. Maybe I wouldnt mind wearing it all day.

"Stop it" I screamed at myself in my head. "you cant he is Derek.............Derek" I said leaning back on the fence that divided the parking lot and grass part where I was sitting.

Why was I thinking about him?

In second grade he and Nick wouldnt let me in the clubhouse because I was a girl, mostly I think it was Nicks rule but Derek helped keep me out. On halloween we always makes fun of my costume and the fact that I still trick or treat, hello free candy why wouldnt I? On christmas he gave me pickles every year. On my birthday he always punched me hard on the arm as many times as my age. He was like a brother so I cant think of him that way, at least I shouldnt.

I slid back to where I was laying on the grass, looking up at the sky. "Life is awesome" I lied to myself but this time it was only a small white lie.

I really wasnt sure what to make of the situation with Derek so I just changed the wallpaper. If I changed it now maybe he would not mention it or feel like he had to explain. Then I could forget about what I had seen and move on with my life hopefully without those kind of thoughts about Derek.

"Stop" I said this time out loud to myself. I had to stop the thoughts somehow but even yelling at myself didnt help.

"Stop what?" someone said behind me.

I sat up and looked back not sure who was behind me. "Um....I was talking to myself" I said hoping he wouldnt ask why or what I was thinking about.

He took a fry out of his large Mcdonalds bag and threw it at me. He got a lucky shot too because it hit me on the forehead instead of just hitting the grass like I had expected.

"Nick, you jerk" I said picking the fry up and threw it at him. I missed ofcourse but it was nothing new for me.

"Hey, I was going to be nice" he said smirking as he sat down next to me taking out food that smelt greasy and salty, which is the better than school lunch.

"Come on Nick, I missed you. It shouldnt count" I said making puppy dog eyes at him and looking sad.

He shook his head and reached in the bag. He tossed a burger over to me, fries and put a soda on the grass infront of me. "You owe me" he said jokingly as he opened the yellow wrapper that covered his burger.

I smiled looking at him "Thanks Bro" I said then looked down at my food. It wasnt what I normally got but I wasnt going to complain about free food. "Nick, how did you get out of here?" I asked looking at the security car.

"that old man is why your asking?" he asked starting to laugh.

"yeah, I heard that he was crazy and determined not to let anyone out during school hours" I said still looking at the security car. I ran a hand through my blonde hair as I watched the ancient looking man behind the steering wheel of the security car.

"He's got no chance against my car, it was like taking candy from a baby" He said his ego noticeable even though I wasnt even looking at him.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah" I said smirking as I turned back to my food and him. sure Nick wasnt the best brother but he was close to being a good brother.

"Dont yeah, yeah, yeah me. You know its true" He said now but it was more jokingly. He paused for a second then looked at me confused "Isnt that Dereks shirt?" he asked looking at it.

"Yeah it is, which is why his name is on the front" I said smirking then ate the rest of my fries.

"Why are you wearing his shirt?" He asked putting his wrappers in the Mcdonalds bag using it as a trash can.

I glanced down at the shirt "Because he messed up mine" I said looking back at Nick.

 I could tell he didnt understand what I meant so I explained it more. "In science he mixed the chemicals wrong. The blue mixture exploded covering me, Derek, and most of the class. He gave me this after we were kicked out of class, so I wouldnt have to wear that wasnt covered in blue blobs." I explained like it was no big deal.

"So he did it to be nice" He said finally understanding. Something wasnt right about it though, unlike normal Nick didnt make any jokes about it.

 He scratched the back of his head then stood up. "See you at home" He said before walking away.

"what was wrong with him?" I asked still sitting on the grass with the trash. I stood up and started to pick up trash so we wouldnt get caught.

As I went to pick up the last yellow burger wrapper the wind started to blow and sent the wrapper flying. I had to get it but it was too fast, maybe help would help. I looked around "No one" I said shrugging then started to run after it as it flew.

I must have been entertaining for the people in class because of what I was doing. First of all I was chaseing a wrapper and losing. Secondly, I am a senior in highschool and thirdly I was tripping over my own feet.

When the wrapper landed on the ground I went to grab it before it took off. Of course when I reached for it, the wrapper flew away again. only this time it didnt fly around like the last few times. The wrapper flew right onto the old security guards face, covering it completely.

My jaw dropped and I took off running not wanting detention for had just happened. I felt bad for leaving but it was just a wrapper and no one was hurt. I ran into the school blending back in with the crowd of students.

 Hopefully, the security guard has bad eyes so he wont know what I look like.

"Awesome" I said after five minutes of walking just to lose the security guard in the hall.

I leaned against a row of lockers, the back of my head relaxing as it rested against the random locker.

"what am I going to do?" I asked myself knowing I had to stop thinking about Derek.

______________________________________________________

Thanks for reading :D.

I hope you guys like it as much as I liked typeing it. As always let me know what you think about it and let me know if you have any ideas for the story. Im willing to listen.

<3 Di

RANDOM QUESTION: Who should Macy go out with? Tucker? Derek? Or maybe Neither.....Or maybe even Both (which I doubt). Let me know what you guys are thinking :D