Chapter 28

Macy's POV

                I sat tapping my my foot against one of the table legs. All the people at my lunch table which is only like three other people were on a field trip with their biology class, I knew I should have signed up for that instead of Office assistant.

I could be at the beach right now getting the tan that I desperately need. I looked down at my legs and shook my head "My white chicken legs" I thought. I looked around the cafeteria not too surprised at the fact that I was the only person sitting alone, even the Star trek where in group. It was a small one but it was still a group at least.

Skipping lunch was tempting but I didn't want to chance of running into Hunter if I went into the garden again. So I sat at an empty lunch table looking at my bologna sandwich not really sure what was on it honestly. I sighed noticing lunch wasn't even close to being over and I knew people were starting to talk about me sitting alone. Trying to ignore it all I looked down at my phone and texted Kelsey."Way to leave me" I sent her jokingly.

"Hey" Someone said standing next to the table I was sitting at.

I glanced up sure it was one of the other lonely people from other tables, knowing no one else would risk having people talk about them for sitting with the loner girl. I shook my head slightly then looked up to see who it was.

"Tucker?" I said lowly then kicked myself mentally for telling him name instead of saying something simple like 'hey'.

"Yeah Macy?" he said not seeming to make a big deal about my comment. "Mind if I sit?" he asked looking at the empty table.

"Yeah, the tables full tucker" I said smiling then looked around the table "Can we make room?" I asked to the invisible people.

"They said sure" I said jokingly then scooted over a  Little. I brushed a piece of my blond hair out of my face then looked back at him as he sat down.

"thanks" he said to the invisible people indulging in my joke.

He then looked at me and let a small laugh slip out. "Macy why are you sitting alone?" he asked in what seemed like a serious tone.

"My friends just went to the beach for their biology class, I'm the only one not in biology" I said shrugging. "I don't mind it though" I said lying to me and him.

"Oh well that sucks, Why didn't you take biology with them since all your friends are in it?" He asked seeming to really care.

"Well.....um." I said trying to gather my over active thoughts. "I didn't want another class to have to do work for another class" I admitted and smirked.

"Oh well makes sense, I took drafting this year instead of an easy way out, plus I kinda slacked freshman year" He said shrugging.

"Oh I wanted to take that but I took the easy way for a change" I said then ran a hand through my blond hair. "I'm an office assistant" I said then looked at him again.

"So your the one who delivers all the notes from coach to me" He said then took a bite of his sandwich.

"um maybe" I said shrugging knowing that I hadn't because all the other girls jumped when anything with his name came into the office.

He laughed lightly for a few seconds then stopped as quickly as he had begun. I looked around trying to figure out what had happened to make him stop all of a sudden. I didn't see anything or anyone that would effect him talking to me, well beside's the whole student population in the cafeteria but they were there before he even sat down.