Chapter 48

*Maya*

Lucas ended up staying the night so I let him sleep in his old room. I stayed on the couch and watched Disney Replay until suddenly I got a text from an unknown number. The text said, "Open your door". Without hesitation, I opened my door and there stood Ethan in a black hooded jacket, denim jeans, and black combat boots. I immediately froze, which allowed Ethan to walk inside. I closed the door and turned around.

"Didn't I tell you to go?" I asked.

"Yeah and I did that but now I'm back" Ethan answered.

I sucked my teeth. "I never liked your smart mouth"

Ethan smiled and sat down. "What are you up to this late?"

"None of your business"

Ethan chuckled. "Oh Maya, you don't need to be like that"

"Whats that supposed to mean?"

"It means, you shouldn't be salty. Like it or not, I'm here to stay and you can't force me to leave"

I looked away from Ethan. I was just so tired of him. His presence irks me to no end. I wanted him gone but I know Ethan. If he has his mind set on doing something, there's no convincing him out of it. "Fine," I said, standing up. I quickly went for my coat and bag and headed for the door. I made sure I had everything I needed. "I'll leave" and with that I left my own apartment and went for the lobby.

It was three in the morning which meant that not many places where open at this time. Without many options, I decided to go over to downtown Los Angelos and go to a friend of mine. Missy Bradford.

Now, Missy and I have our differences but she owed me a favor and she was finally going to pay it. Afterall, I did save her from almsot dying back in High School.

-

When I finally arrived at Missy's aparment, I knocked on the door. I knew Missy would be up. She never slept back in High School.

"Maya?" Missy asked, motioning me to come in.

"Missy" I said, walking in.

"What brings you to downtown LA?" Missy asked, taking a seat and sipping on her coffee.

"Ethan's back"

Missy almost choked when she heard that. "Ethan. As in, Ethan Allen"

"Yeah"

"No, Maya, that's one funny joke except that he's in South America!" Missy exclaimed, putting down her coffee.

"Thats what everyone at school was supposed to believe. But only I knew the truth. Or at least, I thought I did"

"So he never moved to South America?"

"No, but instead he faked his death and made everyone believe he was in South America"

Missy got up and poured herself another glass of coffee. She poured in some creamer and sugar and returned to her prior position. "See that doesn't make sense because then we would all know he's dead"

"Ethan made it seem like a rich kid had hit him when he didn't. So, the rich kids parents payed the police to end the investigation and the police took the money. They needed a cover-up and so they found one and I think Billy told them that he moved to South America and that he wasn't coming back. The police told our school and the rest is how we know it"

Missy took another sip from her coffee. "Well that's messed up. And so, you thought Ethan was dead while we all thought he was in South America?"

"Yeah"

"Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"It wasn't worth it. No one would believe me"

"So, what do you need?"

"I told Ethan to go and now he's at my apartment. I don't want him around, Missy"

"So you want to crash at my place, don't you?"

"Yeah, you owe me a favor"

Missy went through a hallway and returned with a pillow and blanket. She threw it at me and said, "Here".

-

A/N: i love how I added Missy in. two more chapters and then this book is finished.

Xoxo,

-A