Chapter 40

*Riley*

(okay, this is the first time in a long time I've written in someone's point of view that isn't Maya. anyways...)

"Wait, what do you mean 'no'? Is he in critical condition?" I asked Maya.

She looked at me with her big puffy eyes. "Well, the doctor said that he's going to be alright"

I sighed with slight relief. "So, then why are you crying? He's okay"

"Riley," Maya started.

"Now, you guys can be all good. All you guys have to do it talk" I kept going.

"Riley," Maya said again.

"Thank God. Everything's going to be just like it was before"

"Riley!" Maya yelled.

"Yes?" I turned to her quickly.

"Guess what?"

I thought for a little bit. "What?"

"Lucas has amnesia. The doctor says it's somewhat temporarily but..." Maya said trailing off.

"But what?"

"He doesn't remember me"

A bit of shock came about on my face and I struggled to comprehend what Maya had just told me. "So, what I'm hearing is: Lucas has amnesia and doesn't remember the love of his life?"

Maya rubbed her eyes and got up to go to the sink and wash her eyes out. Soon, her eyes weren't as red as they were before. She came over to the couch and sat back down. "Yeah. So 'Lucaya', as you call it, doesn't exist anymore"

I frowned. "And your suddenly so fine with it?"

"Well, after crying a few minutes ago, I learned that there's nothing I can do about it. What's done is done"

I stood up and crossed my arms and pouted. "But Maya! Lucaya is--"

"No, Riley, Lucaya isn't anything but dead. Just forget about him"

I looked at Maya and sighed. "Well, aren't you going to cry when thinking about him?"

Maya looked away. "Yeah, all the time"

A/N: update, update, updateee!! enjoy and next chapter will be verrrry short so stay tuned. You'll get it tomorrow!

Xoxo,

-A