Chapter 14

*Maya*

I went to LA with Lucas and I signed a contract with Starr. They wanted me to write a song and record it for my single. Luckily, after my breakup with Josh, I had gotten into song writing and I wrote a lot of songs.

I got to my apartment and ran up the stairs. I opened my song book and looked at the songs written. The majority were about Josh but there were a few about other things. It seemed sort of random but it they were good. One of my favorites were "We'll Be The Stars" so I decided to give that in instead.

"We'll Be The Stars" looked pretty good so I started to strum my guitar and sing the song.

We are young, we are gold
Trying things we didn't know
Looking at the sky, see it come alive
All our fears became our hopes
Climbed out every locked window
We rode the lion's mane and fell upon the rain

We can reach the constellations
Trust me, all our dreams are breaking out

No, we're never gonna turn to dust,
Yeah, all we really need is us
Don't be scared to close your eyes
No, we're never gonna die, we'll be the stars
Oh, no, we're never gonna step too far
Yeah, we're holding on to who we are
When it's time to close your eyes
They will see us in the sky,
We'll be the stars!

Oh ooh ooh oh oh
We'll be the stars!
Oh ooh ooh oh oh
We'll be the stars!

Let me in, hold me close
Fill my heart with simple notes
So when it's hard to see,
They are there, reminding me
Take my breath, and hold me high
So I can feel the city lights
Glowing under me
It's in our reach, we're breaking out

No, we're never gonna turn to dust,
Yeah, all we really need is us
Don't be scared to close your eyes
No, we're never gonna die, we'll be the stars
Oh, no, we're never gonna step too far
Yeah, we're holding on to who we are
When it's time to close your eyes
They will see us in the sky,
We'll be the stars!

Oh ooh ooh oh oh
We'll be the stars!
Oh ooh ooh oh oh
We'll be the stars!

We can reach the constellations
Trust me, all our dreams are breaking out

No, we're never gonna turn to dust,
All we really need is us
We'll be the stars

Oh, no, we're never gonna step too far
Yeah, we're holding on to who we are
When it's time to close your eyes
They will see us in the sky,
We'll be the stars!

Oh ooh ooh oh oh
We'll be the stars!
Oh ooh ooh oh oh
We'll be the stars!

Oh ooh ooh oh oh
We'll be the stars!
Oh ooh ooh oh oh
We'll be the stars!

That was good I thought. I wanted Riley, Farkle, and Lucas to hear it so I can see if they like it. I sent each of them a text asking them to come by my apartment at around 5 for "something special".

I waited and waited for them so show up. And finally they did.

"Hey guys" I said, grinning.

"Why did you call us hear?" Farkle asked.

I replied, "To hear a song I've been working on for a while for Starr"

"You write songs?" Riley asked, surprised.

"Yeah, after my breakup with Josh, I got into song writing and I wrote a lot so I used one the songs I had written, revising some stuff, and eventually, I wrote a song"

Lucas sat down. "Well then, let's hear it"

-

After I finished singing my song, Riley ordered some takeout.

"That song was amazing Maya. I really think you found your talent" Riley said, giving me a hug.

"Yeah, you can really make something out of yourself in this industry" Lucas explained.

"Thank you. Im really glad you guys liked it. Now, hopefully, Jimmy will like it"

"Don't worry, Maya" Farkle started. "He'll love it"

-

Takeout came and we all ate. Then, Riley and Farkle decided to go back to there apartment and go to bed. Meanwhile, Lucas offered to help me clean up.

"Are you sure you wouldn't rather go back to your room and get some sleep?" I asked him.

"No, it's okay. I can help clean up" He said, smiling.

"Okay then, let's get started"

We cleaned the dishes, sweeped the floors, and folded my clothes.

Lucas sat down and closed his eyes. "Your apartment is dirty"

I took the seat next to him. "Our apartment is dirty. You live here now"

We sat in silence for a while until we heard something outside. It was a storm that was coming.

"I knew I should've watch the news. The powers going to go out any second now" I told Lucas.

Lucas hated power-outs and storms. He says back in Texas, they rarely had storms or power-outs so this was new to him.

"Well, go to bed and get some sleep. The storm will go away eventually I said, smiling.

Lucas got up. "I'll try". Then he left to go to his room.

-

After Lucas went up to his room I had, I went onto my laptop and sent an email to Jimmy. I told him that I'll be at the studio tomorrow to record my song.

I went upstairs and opened my room. I sat down on my bed and started to think. I've been doing a lot of that recently. I started to think about how I got to sign with Starr and realized that the answer is Lucas. For the past month now, he's been the only one truly there for me. At first, I didn't really like him for some reason and look at us now. We are really good friends and I might like him. "I kissed him" I said, out loud. "I kissed Lucas on the cheek". Lucas and I hang out a lot and honestly I think I might be developing feelings for him. He's really sweet, but thats what I've said about every guy I've dated and look at where I am now; single. I really don't know if I should make a move or if I should stay friends, but all I know for sure is: Lucas is an awesome guy and any girl should be glad to have him.