Chapter 12

*Maya*

Riley had just come over and she looked really hurt and I felt bad but she's always ditching me for Farkle even thought we've been friends longer than they had been dating. It hurt to see Riley hurt but it's good for her to feel the same way I did when she wasn't there for me. She's supposed to be my best friend yet I feel closer to Lucas and Lucas and I had only been friends for about a month now.

I told Lucas that he could come in and stay for dinner so I can repay him for getting me a deal with Starr Inc.

"What are you making for dinner, Maya?"

"I'm not cooking. Have you seen me cook? The food always comes out burnt" I said, laughing. "What do you want for dinner? Takeout? Pizza?"

"I want pizza. Chinese food is for sad moments and this moment isn't sad at all"

"Dominoes wins. Ill order right now"

-

I ordered Dominoes and sat down next to Lucas. His phone kept buzzing and he just typed and looked up at me and smiled.

I glanced over at his phone. "Everything alright"

"Yeah, my dad hasnt payed my rent like he agreed to as long as I didn't contact him. So after tomorrow, I'll have no where to stay"

I looked around the apartment. It was pretty empty and I had a spare room that Riley used to stay in when Farkle was out of town.

"Well, your in luck. I have a spare room. So you can move into it and stay as long as you need. Its the least I can do"

"Are you for real right now?"

"Yeah, we're friends right. Oh, theres a bathroom there too so you won't have to use mine"

Lucas hugged me, tighter than usual. I can sense that he was very grateful for my offer.

I laughed. "Okay, Lucas, you can start moving now. I can help...right after we eat dinner. Pizzas here"

-

We ate pizza and started moving his stuff. He didn't have much since he had only just moved into the apartment about a month ago. We successfully moved all of his stuff in a mere 3 hours. It was 1:13 in the morning and I was not tired. I decided to head to my room and catch up on "How To Get Away With Murder". Lucas was in the next room and I paused the show and checked on him. He wasn't TV or on his phone. He just sat there, on his bed, looking at the ceiling.

"You okay, Huckleberry?" I asked, sitting on his bed besides him.

"Yeah, Im just thinking about my sister. I want to know how's shes doing"

He looked like he was going to cry and he ended up doing so. I had never seen him cry before so all of this was a surprise to me.

I wiped his tears and hugged him as tight as my flimsy arms could.

"Maya," Lucas started to say.

"Yeah, Lucas"

"Thank you. Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for allowing me a place to sleep. Just thank you for being Maya"

"Your welcome. I will always be there for you through thick and thin"

We sat in silence for a while until Lucas looked into my eyes. I couldnt help myself so I kissed him.

"What was that for?" he said, slowly breaking away.

"For being Lucas" I laughed a little. "I love you, Friar"

"I love you too, Hart"

-

Aw. Lucaya's ship finally has sailed. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.