Chapter 1

*Maya*

I feel empty. Very, very empty. There's nothing to live for anymore. Absolutely nothing.

I got up from bed and got some food.

I can always eat my problems away. Right? That sounds just about right.

I lived next door to my best friend, Riley. We've been best friends since kindergarten, when we made fun of some boy in our class. How could I ever forget that day.

I got up and walked across and knocked on her door. She lived with her boyfriend, Farkle, and they made the cutest couple. Often, I got jealous but why would ever tell Riley that. Shes happy so im happy--kinda. Sorta.

"Riley, its me. Open the door already!" I yelled. I think I woke up some people.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Jeez. Calm yourself." she said, yawning.

"Morning Farkle," I yelled from living room. "So, I wanted you to hear something thats on the radio."

"Okay. Put it on."

And I know that we just met
And maybe this is dumb
But it feels like there was something
From the moment that we touched
'Cause, it's alright, it alright
I wanna make you mine
The way you're lightin' up the room
Caught the corner of my eye
We can both sneak out the back door
We don't have to say goodbye
'Cause, it's alright, it's alright
To waste time tonight
Maybe I'm just a kid in love
Oh, baby
If this is what it's like falling in love
Then I don't ever wanna grow up
Maybe I'm just a kid in love
Oh, baby
It'd be cool if it's the two of us
But I don't ever wanna grow up
'Cause I got it all
Oh
And I got it all
But I don't ever wanna grow up

I cut it off right there to let Riley take in Shawn's beautiful voice. I had a lot of favorite artist but he was definitely an inspiration.

"Thats his new song, Kid in Love from his album, Handwritten!!"

"That song is amazing. I think I may be in love."

"I want this type of guy in my life."

I've had a series of horrible relationships. Every single guy I date, breaks my heart but I stay strong just to not worry Riley.

"Go find one."

I laugh. "Riley, your hilarious. There is no guy like Shawn out there. Shawn is one of a kind and thats just how things will always be."

"Oh well. But we have a neighbor. His name is Lucas. You should go be nice, for once, and welcome him to our neighborhood. "

"Okay, okay. But this is going to be the only time I'll be nice to someone."

Riley laughs. "No but for real, he's really sweet."

"Okay, bye Riley"

"Byee"

And with that, I walked out of her apartment and went back to mine to shower and meet Lucas.