Chapter 8

*Lucas*

I woke up with my hands wrapped around Maya. Where we sleeping together?

I untangled myself from her and got up. Should I go to my apartment or wake her up?

I decided to wake her up first and then go get ready for the charity event.

"Hey Maya. Maya wake up" I said. She wasn't waking up. I started nudging her, in hope that she'll wake up.

I went to the kitchen and got a damp napkin and squeezed it onto her eyes.

She woke up.

"Hey, what the hell, Lucas" Maya yelled. She started patting her eyes, trying to get rid of the water.

"I needed you to wake up. So I squeezed water on your eyes. Your welcome"

"I'll kill you. Just you wait"

Maya got up from the couch and went up to her room. She went inside the bathroom and took a shower.

I checked my phone. It was 7:02. The charity event started at 9 am so I had some time to spare. I decided to go on Twitter and check my feed. The first thing that came up was my sister, Lola.

Lola ran away from home at 9, but she kept in touch with me through social media. She's been the only family that I've had since my mom died and my father, well, let's say he's serving his time. But, I haven't seen him since.

-

After a while, Maya got out of the bathroom and went straight to her room. When she came out, she came out wearing a floral dress. She looked really nice and casual but at the same time fairly presentable.

"Is this good for the event?" she asked, with a nervous lool on her face.

"Yes," I replied, looking up and down at her. "You look beautiful"

"Why thank you, Huckleberry"

"Are you ready to go? Its a very long drive to Oakland"

"Yeah, let me just grab my purse and my guitar"

She hurried up the stairs and in a matter of seconds, she was down in the living room with her guitar in her guitar case and her polka dotted purse.

"Ill take that for you" I smiled and opened my hand.

"Thank you. Now let's get going"

-

The drive to Oakland was long. But we made it through just fine. For the most of it, I had my radio on and we just sang songs. After a while, I asked her why she started singing and playing guitar. She replied, "Singing brings me to a whole new world. My guitar as well. Its just an escape from reality since reality isn't so awesome for me sometimes. Ever since I was a little girl, I've wanted to be a singer and get signed and become famous. But ever since my mom died, I've given up. I sing for myself now". She looked as if she was going to cry so I pulled her into a hug. We were at a red light, so I thought it was right.

After the moment with Maya, we finally arrived. Everything was decorated with pinks and blues and yellows and greens. Pretty much every color in the rainbow. It was astonishing and at the same time well put together. I was quite impressed. I saw my friend, Grayson, and ran up to him.

"Friar" he yelled, grinning.

"Smith" I yelled as well. I was really happy to see a familiar face in California.

He looker at Maya, up and down and went back and forth between us two.

"Are you....?"

Maya blushed. "No, but my name is Maya and its very nice to meet you". She took out her hand but instead Grayson took her hand and hugged her. He definitely was a hugger.

Maya laughed. "Okay okay. So Im here to sing if Lucae hadnt told you yet"

"No, he told me. And I'm really looking forward to it. Hes says your a good singer"

Maya looked at me and I think I started to blush. "Well thank you Lucas" she said, turning to me. "And Im going to be three songs, 'Show You', 'Stitches', and 'The Weight'. All by Shawn Mendes"

"Well, i can't wait to here those songs. My girlfriend is a huge fan of him and she's always listening to him"

"Hes just amazing"

We stood there in silence until Grayson got a text from his girlfriend, Kayla. Kayla had wanted to meet up with him so they can prepare for the show.

"I got to go, but it was nice meeting you, Maya, and great seeing you Lucas. I promise we'll get to hang alot, since I live here now"

"Alright, bye Grayson"

"Bye"