Chapter 28

*Maya*

I texted Jimmy and asked to meet in person sometime next week. I needed to tell him that I couldn't make the first show. Riley's my best friend and I needed to be there on her special day. If I miss it, I don't know what I'd do. Riley isn't the most forgiving person especially when a person makes a promise and they break it. She hates that.

I started to wonder if I should actually go to Riley's wedding. I mean, she hasn't been here for me when I signed with Starr or even supported my new career. She's been with Farkle ever since we moved out here to California. But, she's been there for me in the past and that's what really matter, right? "No, I have to go" I thought.

After thinking very long about this, I decided on telling Riley. She deserved to know that I may or may not be going to her wedding and I couldn't keep this a secret from her. People say secrets make friendships closer but I think they break friendships up.

I got up from my bed and walked down the stairs and over to Riley's apartment. I knocked on the door and Riley opened the door and smiled. I walked in and sat down.

"Maya! What an amazing surprise!" Riley said, smiling.

"Riley, we need to talk so I suggest you sit down"

Riley sat down and her emotion quickly changed. I can tell she was nervous for what was to come.

"Okay, so what do you want to talk about?"

I took a deep breath in and avoided eye-contact. "Heres goes something" I thought.

"So, I'm an artist at Starr Inc. but you already know that. Anyways, about a couple of months ago, Jimmy told me that him and his executives wanted me to go on tour. I was very excited but the only problem is...I didn't know when I would be going. The day got even better because thats the day you told me about Farkle's proposal. I was happy for you. You were finally going to kick start your life and...with the man you love" I stopped and Riley looked like she was about to cry, but instead she smiled. She wasn't going to be smiling after I tell her what I'm about to tell her.

"So, what do you need to tell me?" She asked.

"I'm getting to that" I started. I took another deep breath in and took a quick glance at her. "Today, Jimmy texted me telling me the first day of my show. Do you know what's that day?"

Riley thought for a while before answering, "No"

"May 25. Aka your wedding day. Do you see the problem with that?"

Riley laughed. "Well, your going to tell Jimmy that that's my wedding day and that your not going to miss it, right?"

I looked at her, disgusted almost. This wasn't the Riley I knew. "What do you mean I'm going to tell him that I'm not doing my show. Riley, this is my dream and I'm not going to give up on it just because it's your wedding day. How about you change your wedding day?"

I looked at her and she opened her mouth and said, "Well, I--"

I stopped her and said, "That's exactly what I thought. Your not going to. Listen Riley, I don't know if anyone has told you this but the world doesn't revolve around you. So, hate to break it to you but, I'm going to live my dream in Oakland on the 25th and your wedding isn't going to stop me" and with that I opened her door and, without turning back, I slammed it and walked into my apartment and plopped onto my couch. "What did I just do?" I thought.

-

A/N: 1 chapter down, 5 more to go. Thanks for 1K guys!

Xoxo,

-A