Chapter 22

*Maya*

"Dad?" I said, sitting on my bed. "Why are you calling me?"

"Because,"

"Because what?"

"Your my daughter. Don't I have a right to call my daughter?"

"I'm not your daughter. You divorced Mom and Mom died and Shawn adopted me. He's my father. NOT YOU!" I yelled. I started breathing heavily and my teeth were gritted.

"Oh"

"Yeah. So to answer your question, you don't have a right to call me if your reason is 'because I'm your daughter' "

"Oh"

"Would you stop saying 'oh'? Say else or just hang up the goddamn phone"

I didn't wait for him to say anything. I hung up the phone and flopped on my bed. Why me?

-

I woke up and I didn't feel like moving. Luckily, it was Saturday and I didn't have work. I didn't know whether or not to tell someone about my dad calling or to keep it to myself.

I put two slices of bread into the toaster and waited for the toaster to ring. Meanwhile, I poured some lemonade and heard a ring. Assuming it was the toaster, I checked my toast. It wasn't the toaster. It wad my phone. I checked my phone and saw that I got a notification. It was from Kira. She had texted me telling me that she had landed me a radio interview with the one and only, Shawn Mendes.

Now, Shawn didn't have a radio show. He was just taking over the radio show for that day.

I texted her back saying that I was excited. She said it was this Friday at noon and that they wanted me to perform "We'll Be The Stars". That gave me plenty of time to prepare.

Lucas came down the stairs and waived me a "hello".

"Hey, guess what?" I asked him, bitting my lip a little bit.

Lucas thought. "Your going to clean your room? Because its a mess. I just checked"

I laughed a little. "No, no. I got a radio interview with..."

"With who?"

"Oh, a guy named Shawn Mendes. He's no big deal" I yelled, sarcastically.

Lucas hugged me. "Well, it's your dream to meet him and your finally pursuing it. I'm happy for you, Maya"

I kissed Lucas on the cheek. "Shawn's right. I did pick a winner"

-

All day, I hung out with Shawn. We went to Panera's and got some lunch. I needed to tell him about my father's call.

"Shawn," I started. He looked up, chewing on his chicken salad.

"Yeah"

"I need to tell you something"

"Are you pregnant?

I almost choked. "No, oh God no"

Shawn took a deep breath in and out. "Thank God"

I laughed a little. "Shawn, im serious. It's important"

"Okay, go ahead. I'm all ears"

"Well," I started, staring into his eyes. I couldn't tell him that my biological fater called. He's be somewhat heartbroken. But, at the same time, I didn't want to lose his trust. I needed Shawn. 'Here goes something' I thought. "Well, my biological father called me last night"

Shawn put down the water that he was about to drink. "What?"

"Well, actually, he called at 4 am yesterday morning but i didn't answer and then I returned the call, thinking it was someone else. But it was him"

"What did he want?"

"I dont know and I dont care. Your my father. Not him. I even told him that"

Shawn sighed. "Well, Im happy to hear that you consider me your father"

I smiled. "You'll always be my father"

-

A/N: well, i decided to write this chapter because I was free.

This chapter was good, wasn't it. Dont worry guys, Maya's father will most likely not be back in this story unless I change my mind in the future.

I dont know how many chapters I should write. I was thinking 150 or something but I dont want to get in over my head.

Also, comment what GMW (girl meets world) books you guys are reading. I'm reading a Lucaya sequel called A Part of Me by CeceStoner. I read Empty, also by her, and Im in love with that book. So, if you haven't already, check out Empty and A Part Of Me.

Thanks for reading!

Xoxo,

-A