Chapter 33

*Maya*

"Maya," Lucas said, looking down at me.

"Yes?" I asked, twiddling my thumbs. I was a little angry that Lucas thought that Riley was hurt. I mean, I'm hurt too. Does he not see that?

"I get that your hurt, but Riley's hurt too. I mean, you did just tell her that you weren't going to come to her wedding. That has to hurt. A lot. She needs her best friend, supporting her in the front row of her wedding. Or right beside her, standing across from Farkle. I don't think she wants to do that alone. Do you understand?"

"Of course, I understand. But, I'm always there for her. Through thick and thin. And since she started dating Farkle, I've seen less and less of her. She didn't witness my very first performance at the charity event or witness me signing the contract with Starr. And where was she? Somewhere with Farkle" I stopped and noticed that tears were rapidly shedding across my face. I covered my face, kind of embarrassed but Lucas quickly took my hands and put them on my lap. He started whipping the tears. "I'm just saying...it was supposed to be Riley and I agaisnt the world. Together. Don't get me wrong...I love Farkle but you and Farkle have been there for me since we've moved to California than Riley has. And the worst part is..."

"What's the worst part?" Lucas asked.

"I--I don't think she realizes that she hasn't been very supportive of my new career and life" I told Lucas and that's when all the tears started falling and I was just crying and crying. Eventually, Lucas picked me up and hugged me as tight as he could.

After a while, I broke away and looked at Lucas, my eyes still red and puffy. "I love you, Lucas"

"I love you, Maya"

-

I got tired and asked Lucas to bring me to my room to sleep. He kindly agreed and brang me to my room. When we arrived to my room, he kissed me goodnight and was about to leave until I grabbed his hand and said, "No, stay"

He climbed onto my bed and wrapped his arm around me and layed his head on one of my pillow. I layed my head on his arm and slowly fell asleep.

-

It was morning and I woke up tangled to Lucas. I gently untangled myself and headed downstairs. I didn't know what day it was but I knew it was a Sunday. I decided to check my phone to see what day it was and it was the day I've been waiting for. May 25th. I ran back upstairs and woke up Lucas.

"It's the 25th. It's the 25th" I yelled, jumping up and down.

Lucas rubbed his eyes. "Well, I better start showering and packing because I didn't pack". He left my room.

I grabbed one of my medium sized suitcase and went drawn by draw, picking out the clothes I wanted to bring. I didn't bring put a lot of clothes in because I knew I was going to go shopping in the states. I grabbed any accessories and extra things that I definitely wanted to bring and put them in.

When I finished packing, I closed my suitcase and carried it downstairs. I set it aside, near the door and went upstairs to take a quick shower.

-

I finished showering and picked out a cute outfit to wear. I decided on a white, polka-dotted dress. It went to my knees, so I thought it was perfect. When I finished getting ready, Lucas came downstairs in a suit and tie.

"You know you don't have to look that fancy. Its just a show" I told him.

"Well, I'm not going to your show first. I'm going to Farkle and Riley's wedding" He responded, heading for the door. He opened the door and gestured me to go outside. I grabbed my purse and walked over to the door. I looked at Lucas, who gave me a reassuring look. Together, we walked out the door and headed for the elevator.

-

A/N: sooooo....Maya's going to the Riarkle wedding, huh? Well then, that means that next chapter is the Riarkle wedding. I want to update it today because...well...why not? It's Sunday!

Thanks for all the votes that I've been getting recently for this book and my other, Outside of Girl Meets World. I really appreciate it. Also, I've been reading some of your books and I'm quite impressed. Some are even better than this book that I'm writing. All I can say is, keep writing, everyone!

Thanks for reading this chapter of my book!

See y'all soon!

Xoxo,

-A