Chapter 39

A/N: pt.1: okay, so the chapters are going to start getting shorter(300-400 words) because I've noticed that my plot outline will not last as long as I'd like it to. So, yeah...

*Maya*

"What do you mean you don't remember me?" I asked Lucas. "I'm your girlfriend. Maya Hart. Musician"

Lucas shrugged amd shook his head. "Sorry, I really don't know you"

I turned around and opened the door until I heard Lola yell after me. "What?" I asked, annoyed.

"You can't just give up on him!"

"Well, what do you think I'm doing right now. Giving up". I started walking towards the exit and Lola grabbed me and tackled me onto the cold, hard floor.

"What the hell, Lola!" I yelled.

"I'm not letting you give up on him ao easily"

"Look," I sighed. "He doesn't remember me and honestly I don't think he'll remember me later or in the future. I'm the one whose always forgotten"

"See, that's your problem"

"Um, I think I know what my problems are"

"Well, I don't think you do. You've given up. You don't have confidence to keep going. Now, why is that?"

I glared at Lola. "I lost Lucas for about 9 months over something real stupid and I thought I lost him forever until now. When I saw him yesterday. I had hope. Now, he doesn't remember me? I give up" I walked out the door and called a taxi before Lola could catch up to me. I was done with her.

-

I walked into my apartment and sat down. Soon after, Riley walked in and rushed over to me.

"Maya! I'm so glad to see you" Then, Riley punched me on the arm.

"I thought you were glad to see me!" I said, rubbing my arm.

"I am, but I was worried. Where were you?"

I sighed. "The hospital"

"Why?"

I looked at Riley. "Lucas"

"Is Lucas okay?"

Tears started to shed as I struggled to give Riley an answer. "No"