Chapter 1

Tyler
Why must things be the way they are? I've done nothing wrong my whole life yet I'm blind, but that's okay because I get to experience things differently than others. I can hear when my parents drive into the driveway, I can hear the exact note played on a piano, and I can touch. I can touch my face and imagine what I look like, I can touch my parents and imagine what they look like too. But I won't ever know the exact truth of what a thing or people look like. Everything I imagine it to be is all I know that is right.

I sigh and get up from the park bench. I could have a seeing eye dog but that's too much responsibility so I have a stick. I start my way back home by counting how many steps I've walked.
"6...7...8..Oof." I smash into something..someone? I try to pick myself back up while hearing the other person try to too.

"Oh, oH wait here let me h-help you." I hear a low voice say to me grabbing my hand and pulling me up in the process.

"Thank you, uhm can you hand me my stick?" I say a bit quietly.

"Oh yeah, just let me uhm.. Here" he handed it to me and my hand touched his hand. It was rough in some places but also soft at the same.

"I'm really uhm sorry for running into you, I was distracted by my phone uhm yeah." I hear him move a bit on his feet by the crunching of leaves.

"It's fine really, I'm Tyler Joseph. If I may ask what is your name?" I speak up trying to be more confident.

"I'm Josh, Josh dun but you can call me josh." I smile.

"You're blind?" Duh. I just nod in response waiting for him to speak.

"That's cool. I mean w-wait it's not cool it sucks. NOT like I'm trying to say you sick because you're blind I just mean t-that it sucks you can't see." How cute he stutters when nervous.

"May I do something? It envolves touch if that's not too much to ask." I say while smiling.

"Sure go ahead."

I reach out and the first thing I touch are his shoulders. I move up to his ears to his cheeks then his nose to his eyes, his forehead and then his lips and his chin. He has facial hair and his eyes are doe like, with his nose not perfectly symmetrical with his lips, but his lips are very soft.

"Hey Tyler I have to get somewhere right now but do you have a phone?? You can tell me your number so I can call you. If that's okay."

"Sure" I tell him my phone number. I hope he doesn't try to text me 1st because I wouldn't know what it said or how to reply but he can call me.

"I'll call you later okay? I want to know more about you" I smile as I hear him walk off.

Josh
Well that just happened. I just ran into one of the most attractive people I've ever saw and he's blind. Knowing that I wanna know more about his world, how he lives life and who helps him get dressed and everything. How does he do it. I finally arrived at my friends Jack and Alex's house.

"Yo you've made it, come on in." Alex says to me once he opened the door. I follow him and plop onto the couch.

"So how is Jack?" I ask him. They've been in a relationship for 3 years now and honestly I don't know how they do it.

"He's good, he's out picking up the pizzas right now. What about you dun, any looove interest I should know about?" I sigh, might as well tell him.
***
"Yep that's how I met him. I ran into him knocking him down, I helped him up then I saw his really cute face" I look back at Alex who looks pretty awestruck at the moment.

"AW JISH MY LITTLE JISH LIKES A LITTLE BLIND BOY NAMED TYLER HE MET ON THE STREET." I glare at him. He looks back.

"They grow up so fast." He says while sighing. I agree we do grow up way to fast for my liking.

"But really Josh go for it. I give you my blessings." Wow so much support I think.
The door opens up and we hear Jack walking through the door.

"I have the pizza. It was a difficult task yet I did it." He says dramatically. Alex and I both snicker at Jack but all he does is put the pizza on the table and takes a slice.
*
A few beers and a few slices of pizza I head home because I'm tired and I need to call Tyler like I promised.

Ring...ring...."Hello this is Tyler who is this??"
"It's Josh, from earlier you know the one that bumped into you?." I hope he remembers.

"OH. Hey josh." I smile.