Bloodlust

[Modern Time]

It's been a while since you've talked to anyone. The world is slowly dying, so is everything else along with it. What's the point? An apocalypse virus has struck the world, the remaining survivors can't be certain they can trust each other. You're not even certain how you survived.

"(F/n)! We got another one!" A male voice yelled at you. You climbed down the stairs from the rooftop where you were keeping look out and raced to help. You saw your best friend Levi drag a body into the building and bolting the door behind him.

"What happened?" You asked a little out of breath.

"Got himself infected. Idiot." You looked at the body and recognised him immediately. It was Jean, one of the survivors you were living with. His body was limp and half of his face's skin was burnt badly and blood dripped from his nose and mouth. His hands, flesh was peeling off his fingers, his nails were ripped off and chipped.

"Oh my goodness, who did that? It definitely wasn't just the virus, the virus can't ripped off your nails and break your skin, peel your skin off." You pointed out.

"Hmph, like I really care. Just need to treat him, he's still alive." Levi dragged Jean by his underarms to the table and slumped down in a chair. You rushed to the kitchen and lit another candle, it was day but all the windows and doors were bolted shut in case the Infected see the remaining survivors and you know, kill them.  After setting the candle down on the bench, you poured Levi and yourself some clean water.

"Thanks." He mumbled taking the cup from you.

"What about the rest of us? Did you find anyone else?" You asked trying to break the awkward silence.

"Nah, the others could be looking for food or fresh water." He shrugged. Even though Levi seemed relaxed about the whole thing, you were really worried. "Mind handing me the first aid kit and....maybe a knife you probably won't use for cooking ever again?"

You nodded and headed to the kitchen straight away. After looking through a few cabinets and drawers, you found an old blue but still usable and rushed back to the table. Since medications were a problem, you gagged the unconscious Jean with a gag so not much noise would be made if he awakes. Even though Jean could be a prick sometimes, you felt sorry for him. No one should be treated like this.

You got your emotions under control and you two set off to work. Skin will grow back, so the infected has to be erased. You got the bandages ready and Levi did the dirty work. He started with jeans cheek, you saw the silver blade sink just beneath the infected skin and heard the squishy sound of flesh being torn apart. You looked away suddenly feeling a strong wave of nausea from the blood and the smell of rotting flesh.

By the time Levi was done, you could see a visible hole in Jeans cheek. Surprisingly, Jean hasn't woken or stirred at all. You bandaged the wound not sure if it required stitches or not.

"You did well (F/n), I expected you to chicken out and leave me alone." Levi smirked walking back into the room after washing his hands.

"Shut up, I'm not as weak as you think I am." You protested. Before any of you could even blink, Jean sprang from the table and trashed the whole room completely. Everything was a blur and something hard came in contact with your back and head. You heard a deafening ringing in your ears and your vision blurred. Before you knew it, you were pinned down onto the concrete floor with Levi on top of you with one hand covering your mouth and the other holding himself up.