Angel Feathers

You were the daughter of the Great King, next heir to the throne. But when your father died suddenly, your aunt took over the Kingdom of Hassan and slowly, things began to change. Colour began to fade and dull, greyness took over. The flowers no longer bloomed, the birds no longer sang. Silence invaded the kingdom. 

As part of the royal council along with the neighbouring kingdoms, you wanted to put a stop to this. Three years ago, a civil war was declared among the Hassan Kingdom. Your army lost and you were banished from your home. After, you created a royal council behind your aunt's back and sought help from the neighbouring kingdoms. 

It's been three years since you've seen your backstabbing aunt and vice versa. You hoped she had pronounced you dead to the citizens so if you go back to rise hell, no one would be able to recognise you and warn the 'Ruler'. You cut your (H/c) hair to shoulder length and you created a dark power to made your eyes blue instead of grey and your skin pale. 

The plan was simple. You penetrate the guard's formation and get to the palace as soon as possible. And when you do, shoot a green flare to alert the council and also draw everyone's attention to you. You distract the guards and townspeople to think you were some sort of sick girl who is lost and needs help. 

Meanwhile, the council gets inside the castle, assassinate your aunt or take her hostage, one or the other and you, break the spell and reveal to everyone who you are. You are (F/n) (L/n), the true heir to the throne. 

"Simple, what can go wrong right?" King from the Eiko spoke up after you explained the plan. 

"Right, but we need to be careful. You must also beware just in case I don't get everyone's attention." you warned.

"Of course Mi'lady." He bowed and stood up. "We shall invade tomorrow, before dawn, that way, Miss (L/n) can get into the kingdom more swiftly and more unnoticed." 

"Okay, dismissed." You replied walking to your chamber with your white silk nightgown trailing behind you. 

~~~

Before you could ever finish a dream, it was time. Your stomach suddenly filled with butterflies that just would not settle down. You had no appetite to eat so you got dressed into tight black leather leggings, a khaki coloured shirt pulled together with strings at the back which you got your maid to do up for you, dark brown thigh high boots and lastly, a black velvet cloak with a hood large enough to cover your face from view. This way, it'll be easier for you to blend in with the shadows. 

"Good luck Your Highness," The council bowed. "We will be right behind you." you nodded and gave them a weak smile then headed out the door into the cold. 

The air was foggy and every breath you took felt like you were inhaling sharp knives. Everything was dead silent, the only sound you could hear was the twigs that snapped beneath your feet. You paused every now and then just to check your surroundings, training your ears to pick up any sound at least from 3 miles away. 

You've managed to get through the gates but before you were able to reach the walls around the palace, you were halted by a sharp voice. You whirled around making sure the hood still covered most of your face.

"Who are you?" You demanded with a dagger ready underneath your cloak.

"I should be the one asking questions here. Since you haven't even recognised me yet, I take it you are not from here." He replied. His dark hair brushed at his grey cold eyes and his lips played a smirk. 

"I'm travelling." You lied quickly not letting your guard down.

"What a time to be travelling, its cold and not even dawn." He argued not buying your lie.