He's The Only One Who Can Forgive

“Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things in the world that just don’t add up.”  James Magary

Therefore, get rid of all the moral filth and evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.  James 1:21

Rapacious:  “excessively grasping or covetous”  Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Chances are you’ve seen a preview to the new movie just out The Great Gatsby derived from the novel of the same name.  If you have you’ve probably also heard the song they play with it by JZ, Kanye West, and Frank Ocean called No Church in the WIld.  It has a catchy hook, a good beat, and a question that many ponder.  The chorus states,

“Human beings’ in a mob

What’s a mob to a king?

What’s a king to a god?

What’s a god to non-believer

Who don’t believe in anything?

Will He make it out alive?

Alright alright

No church in the wild”

What is God to a non-believer?  Life.  Will He make it out alive?  Yes.  Individuals have created mobs, mobs have overthrown kings, kings have created religions, God is in control.  In a famous speech at the Berlin Sports-house during the Third Reich Joseph Goebbels, Hitler’s propaganda minister said this.  “What does Christianity mean today?  National socialism is a religion.  All we lack is a religious genius capable of uprooting outmoded religious practices, putting new ones in their place.  We lack traditions and ritual.  One day soon national socialism will be the religion of all Germans.  My party is my church.  I believe I serve The Lord best if I do His will and liberate my oppressed people from the fetters of slavery.  That is my gospel.”  Now let’s go back to the song I started with.  In it Kanye West states, “We formed a new religion, no sins as long as there’s permission.”  Freedom, it’s what we all want.  It’s how power attracts followers.  Some want the freedom from taking care of themselves.  Some want freedom from being told what to do.  Still others want freedom from judgement.  It doesn’t exist.  Freedom does not exist.  Not here, not now.  We all have our dues that must be paid.  We all must pay the cost of what we’ve done.  Rituals can never deny the truth, and permission will never erase the consequence.  There is but one way to gain freedom.  That is through Christ.  From the day Christ entered this earth He’s been changing this world.  From His mother, to you and I, He’s made a significant and measurable difference every day.  There is no one else who’s ever done that.  It really doesn’t matter what we think or believe as people.  We can’t destroy or control God.  His will, will be done.  The power of man is temporary and fragile.  No person can stop themselves from dying.  But One rose from the dead to save us all.  That again is Jesus.  He’s the only true Savior.  He’s the only way to freedom.  Because He’s the only one who can forgive. 

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What am I dreaming of?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading,

Jake