Grace Proffered

"The greatest possible services of man, to man must appear contemptible, when compared with "The unspeakable mercies of Christ:"" William Wilberforce

Let us fall now into the hand of the LORD; for His mercies are great: and let me not fall into the hand of man. 2 Samuel 24:14b

Proffer: "to present for acceptance" Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Today is friday. How does the phrase go? "TGIF - Thank God It's Friday! Christ died, was crucified, was tortured on a friday. For what? To proffer to us salvation. So yes, thank God for friday. Not because it's the end of our work weak. But that it's the end of laboring for the grace of God. It's the end of that labor because Jesus performed the ultimate task in His labor. He died so that we could freely accept His love and His grace. He died because, "The wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23a But He didn't want us to die. He didn't want death to be permanent. That's why "The gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23b Grace is not human kindness. It's not a gift we can give. It's "Unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification." Merriam-Webster Dictionary I pray that we accept the gift of God proffered to us. I pray that we cherish His grace. I pray that we know the regeneration brought about by the cross. And I pray that we be sanctified by His love. It's that simple.

Daily Journaling Questions:

1. How did I help someone in kindness today?

2. What did I learn today?

3. What am I thankful for?

4. Who did I love today?

5. What am I dreaming of?

6. What about today do I want to remember forever?

7. What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading,

Jake