Acquitted

“To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.”  C.S. Lewis

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.  1 John 1:9

Hallmark:  “a mark put on the article to indicate origin, purity, or genuineness”  Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Saul’s business was to kill people.  He was passionate about it.  He even did it for the Lord.  However, he was wrong.  When Christ met him on the road to Damascus he was given a new identity and a new purpose.  No longer was he Saul, the guy who hunted Christians.  He was Paul, the man of God for Christ.  A planter of Christianity throughout the Mediterranean and the most prolific writer of the New Testament.  In many ways we owe our Christianity to to Paul.  One of the most affective missionaries and evangelists who ever lived.  Not only did it take a change for that to happen, it took forgiveness.  How often has God worked through forgiveness?  He called David a “Man after His own heart.”  Even after David committed adultery and murder.  He named Peter, “The rock on which He would build His church.”  Know that he would deny Him and fail.  And He wants to use you and I too.  Knowing that we’re not even close to being perfect.  This morning I saw that Amanda Knox, an American who was first convicted and sent to prison in Italy for murder, then acquitted and set free, has had her acquittal overturned.  She’s been found guilty, then innocent, then guilty again.  I don’t know if she’s guilty or not.  Maybe she is.  Maybe she should spend the rest of her life in prison.  I simply don’t know.  Here’s what I do know.  I’m guilty.  Everyone is guilty.  We all need to be pardoned.  If we went to heavenly court today we would not stand a chance of being found innocent.  There’s another thing I know.  Through the blood of Jesus we’ve all be acquitted.  His grace sets us free.  And we’ll never have to worry about our acquittals being overturned.  We can have peace knowing that we are guilty, but that we have been forgiven.  David was, Paul was, Peter was, I am, and you are.  He’s put His hallmark on us giving us a value beyond imagination.  That’s good news that we should never take for granted.  We’ve been given a second chance.  Let’s make the most of it.

Daily Journaling Questions:

1.  How did I help someone in kindness today?

2.  What did I learn today?

3.  What am I thankful for?

4.  Who did I love today?

5.  What am I dreaming of?

6.  What about today do I want to remember forever?

7.  What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading,

Jake