Heroes and Tragedy

“Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.”  F. Scott Fitzgerald

 Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.  1 Corinthians 16:13

Dauntless:  “invulnerable to fear or intimidation”

“December seven, 1941 is a day that will live in infamy.”  Those were very serious words spoken in a very serious moment.  And truer words have rarely been spoken.  In that statement, President Franklin Roosevelt spoke like he knew his country and the world had been forever changed.  He was right, and the attack on the United States at Pearl Harbor and across Hawaii that day accomplished the opposite the empire of Japan intended.  Instead of tearing apart their foe, they galvanized an opponent against their desires to dominate the pacific with tyranny.  That day, though tragic in the moment brought heroism out in so many, creating countless men and women who were dauntless in their efforts to help those around them.  We can all take an example of the heroes who showed their true colors during the tragedy of Pearl Harbor.  No one knew who the heroes were on December six, but millions know of their heroism decades later.  Who knows the heroes we share our lives with today?  Do we have what it takes to be the heroes of tomorrow?  Can we say we are watchful, standing firm in the faith?  I think we all have what it takes to be heroic.  We just need a cause.  And what better a cause than Jesus?

Daily Journaling Questions:

1.  How did I help someone in kindness today?

2.  What did I learn today?

3.  What am I thankful for?

4.  Who did I love today?

5.  What am I dreaming of?

6.  What about today do I want to remember forever?

7.  What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading,

Jake